With your yearly $75 (Canadian dollar) subscription you will be able to stream each video over and over and you can visit the full library of videos anytime you want day or night. No matter when you join in the year the cost is the same – you’re subscribed for a full year.
Jane’s workshops strike the perfect balance between theory, technique and inspiration. Jane’s workshops are like eating potato chips, you won’t want to stop at one!W Hayden
Become a Member Today!
- At least one hour of new video every five weeks. Ten videos over the course of the year. Sorry, downloading videos is not available.
- For Weavers of All Experience Levels
- Complete Access to Every Past Video (streaming only, downloads not available)
Jane is that rare combination: an extraordinary weaver with an incredible depth of knowledge, and also a wonderful teacher who respects her students at whatever stage they may be. I’ve taken several workshops from her, but I live quite far away from her studio; I can hardly wait to have access to her wisdom online.Susan Berlin
YEAR 1 IS ALL ABOUT FOUNDATION
Jan. 5th - Episode 1: The importance of making a good warp
- On a warping board
- On a table top warping mill
- On a big floor model
- Tying the cross
- Counting your ends and keeping track
Feb. 9th - Episode 2: Warping a loom back to front
- Placement of the raddle
- Spreading your warp
- Beaming it
- Threading it
- Sleying it
- And tying it on
Mar. 16th - Episode 3: Proper posture at the loom
- Winding a good bobbin
- Shuttle handling
- Throw Beat Change Beater Back
- Mending a Broken Warp Thread
- A Brand Spanking New Weaver
Apr. 20th - Episode 4: It’s time we had a little chat about Sett
- Wrapping a ruler for PW
- Wrapping a ruler for Twill
- Introduction to Master Sett Chart with samples
- We now have a canvas
May 25th - Episode 5: Project Planning 101….putting it all together
- on your canvas
- How Long
- How Wide
- How Much
- What do all those numbers mean, Sheesh!
Jun. 29th - Episode 6: Division of Space
- Fibonacci the man of my dreams
- Broad Strokes and the Big Picture
- Fine Tuning the Details
Aug. 3rd - Episode 7: All About yarn
- Man Made Fibres from Cellulose
Sept. 7th - Episode 8: All about looms
- An overview of the 3 main types of looms
- Counter-Balance the most widely used loom in the world.
- Counter-Marche Looms
- Jack Looms
Oct. 12th - Episode 9: Making a Mohair Blankie….Yes!
- Making the fuzziest warp ever
- Tying one on at the front
- Winding it on…easy, peasy
- Weaving Mohair
Nov. 16th - Episode 10: Finishing up our first year with FINISHING!
- Fulling that Mohair Blankie from E:9
YEAR 2 WILL FOCUS ON COLOUR AND DESIGN, OUR MOST POPULAR WORKSHOP
“All you can eat” for $75 (Canadian dollar) a year… I wanted this to be affordable for everyone and I think it is. Please spread the word and help us grow.