Things we will learn:
- How important sett was to the success of this project
- overlaying Colour & Weave on Summer & Winter
- How to get cleaner lines between light and dark at block changes by making the first thread of a new block the same colour as the last block.
- How this project was inspired by double weave on 20 shafts.
- using 2 shuttles (1 light & 1 dark)
- using double picks of 8/2 cotton for pattern weft.
Level of Difficulty: Intermediate
Weave structure: Summer & Winter
Material: 8/2 cotton
Each kit makes: 10 Placemats
- Shafts: 4
- Reed: 10 dent
- EPI: 20
- Weaving width: 16.75″
- Finished Dimensions: 14″ X 19″
Each kit includes:
- Weaving instructions (including draft)
- 2 cone of 8/2 cotton – Natural
- 3 cone of 8/2 cotton – Taupe