Things we will learn:
- Inserting log cabin into any existing graphic.
- Thinking of plain weave in terms of block weaves.
- Making log cabin 3 D.
- Making it symmetrical.
- Making it symmetrical and adding a frame.
- The importance of odd-numbered end stripes (i.e. 3, 5, 7…)
- Tucking our tails at the colour change and splicing those tails so they don’t show.
Level of Difficulty: Beginner
Weave structure: Plain weave
Material: 8/4 cotton
Each kit makes: samples, runners and or a scarf
- Shafts: 4
- Reed: 12 dent
- Weaving width: 13″
Each kit includes:
- Weaving instructions (including draft)
- 2 cones 8/4 cotton Bleached
- 1 cone 8/4 cotton Black
- 1 cone 8/4 cotton Cherry