The inspiration for Sample #3 was a parrot. It honestly had all these colours in it, it was just breathtaking. All my early inspiration comes from some external source and eventually morphs into something that has my fingerprint on it.
Things we will learn:
- Using Fibonacci yet another way. I have taken the numbers 2,3,5,8 and 13 and added a zero to each one ei. 2=20, 3=30, 5=50, 8=80, 13=130. The graphic grows systematically.
- the power of a line
- the idea of same/same. You have two ways to make your warp with the same colours – you get to pick, either way is equally beautiful.
- colour gradation plus another element with strong contrast.
- clasped weft technique
Level of Difficulty: Beginner
Weave structure: Pllain weave
Material: 8/2 cotton
Each kit makes: 6 yards of sampling
- Shafts: 4
- Reed: 12 dent
- Weaving width: 18.5″
- Finished Dimensions: 17″ ish wide by whatever length you weave your pieces.
Each kit includes:
- Weaving instructions (including draft)
- 1 cone of 8/2 cotton – Apricot
- 1 cone of 8/2 cotton – Pale Orange
- 1 cone of 8/2 cotton – Fuchsia
- 1 cone of 8/2 cotton – Peacock
- 1 cone of 8/2 cotton -Hot Pink
- 1 cone of 8/2 cotton – Navy (optional)
All the yarns needed to follow along with Season 2 Episode 5 of the Jane Stafford School of Weaving