This is the first of three gamps in this workshop. Gamps are great for getting a lot of information out of one warp. Colour & Weave is pure magic. How can all these little sequences of dark and light net us so many remarkable little patterns. The patterns themselves are remarkable but the sequencing is very important, it is the source of so much of the “play” in all of my work.
Things we will learn:
- Practice making a warp with different numbers of warp ends in the seven different sequences.
- How putting in coloured divider threads help us keep each section clean and easy to read
- how crazy beautiful these patterns are
- how to read a gamp
Level of Difficulty: Beginner
Weave structure: Plain weave
Material: 8/2 cotton
Each kit makes: 6-8 yards of sampling
- Shafts: 4
- Reed: 12 dent
- Weaving width: 19.25″
- Finished Dimensions: 16.5″ wide by whatever length you weave your pieces.
Each kit includes:
- Weaving instructions (including draft)
- 3 cones of 8/2 cotton – Natural
- 3 cones of 8/2 cotton – Navy
- 1 cone of 8/2 cotton – Apricot
All the yarns needed to follow along with Season 2 Episode 4 of the Jane Stafford School of Weaving
There are no reviews yet.