Things we will learn:
- How to make diamonds larger and larger on a 4 shaft loom
- How to use ideas from Colour & Weave to come up with treadling sequences
- How to use Fibonacci to help create treadling sequences
- How nicely basket weave pairs with twill
- How we can use BW to create textured fabrics
- Visually seeing the threading numbers as a shape
- When we mix our threadings and treadlings, that’s when the magic begins – e.g. small threading with large treadling, or vice versa!
Level of Difficulty: Advanced Beginner
Weave structure: 2/2 twill
Material: 8/4 cotton
Each kit makes: several samples and baby blankets
- Shafts: 4
- Reed: 12 dent
- EPI: 12
- Weaving width: 34″
- Finished Dimensions: samples 24″ X 28.5″ and blankets 36″ X 28.5″
Each kit includes:
- Weaving instructions (including draft)
- 3 cones of 8/4 – Nile
- 1 cone of 8/4 – Plum
All the warp yarns needed to follow along with Season 4 Episode 4 of the Jane Stafford School of Weaving. You will need to choose 3 additional cones of 8/4 cotton for your weft. Jane uses Black, Denim & Teal.
There are no reviews yet.