For the weaver who wants to explore complex weaving, production weaving or simply enjoy the Cadillac of weaving looms. This innovative dobby loom is the flagship of the Louet family and our top-end dobby loom. The ease of complex weaving often comes as a surprise to even the most experienced weaver! The Megado is simple, easy to operate, and robust enough to handle all your projects. One long treadle is simpler and gives a tremendous mechanical advantage that allows a weaver to lift as many as 30 harnesses with ease. No other multi-harness loom treadles as light and creates as large a shed, even with a very high tension on the warp.
Our electronic dobby uses wi-fi to connect with a tablet, smart phone or computer. Operating software resides on the built-in computer to simplify weaving. Design on your own software, save the wif file on a flash drive and load it onto the dobby. Several software packages that work with the Megado interface include: Fiberworks PCW, Patternland, Weavemaker, Weave It, WeavePoint or Pro Weave. The Megado interface supports both PC and Mac. It’s a revolutionary system!
Available in five sizes and in either 16 or 32 shafts:
- Megado 40: 15 ¾” (40 cm) weaving width – 16 shaft
- Megado 40: 15 ¾” (40 cm) weaving width – 32 shaft
- Megado 70: 27 ½″ (70 cm) weaving width – 16 shaft
- Megado 70: 27 ½″ (70 cm) weaving width – 32 shaft
- Megado 90: 35″ (90 cm) weaving width – 16 shaft
- Megado 90: 35″ (90 cm) weaving width – 32 shaft
- Megado 110: 45 ½″ (110 cm) weaving width – 16 shaft
- Megado 110: 45 ½″ (110 cm) weaving width – 32 shaft
- Megado 130: 51 ¼″ (130 cm) weaving width – 16 shaft
- Megado 130: 51 ¼″ (130 cm) weaving width – 32 shaft
- comes with heddles pre-installed – 100 heddles on each of harnesses 1 & 2 and 50 heddles on every other harness.
- Made of Ash hardwood and is finished with a double coat of semi-gloss lacquer.
- The most complex castle section is pre-assembled.
- A counter marche shed.
- Connects via wi-fi to a tablet, smart phone or computer.
- The lifting mechanism is incredibly light to operate, even when lifting most of the shafts.
- Supports both PC and Mac operating systems.
- The main treadle is adjustable in height to accommodate the weaver’s physical requirements.
- The Louet floating breast beam, a unique warp tension control system, which allows the weaver to set and check the warp tension each time the warp is advanced.
- Built in raddle
- Large shelf
Included with the Megado Loom are:
- 900/1700 Texsolv heddles (392mm)
- Stainless steel reed 40-10 (10 dpi)
- Tie-up and lease sticks
- Sixteen warp sticks
- Assembly instructions & tools
- Warping instructions