Named after the great weaving teacher Erica de Ruiter, a specialist in three shaft weaving, the Louet Erica table loom is small and very portable. For over 40 years Erica has done research on weaving with three shafts: twill, huck, M’s and O’s, honeycomb, thick and thin, padded weave, Krokbragd, supplementary warps, block weaves, color-and-weave, and much more.
The Louet Erica loom is an attractive alternative to a rigid heddle loom: it is easier to operate, the warp tension is more even, it has a large shed of 4.5 cm (1 ¾”) and you have flexibility in the number of threads per cm. The option to expand it to 3 or 4 shafts will make it an even more interesting alternative.
The loom is made of unlacquered beech and laminated birch.
Available in two sizes and in either 2 or 4 shafts:
- Erica 30: 11 ¾” (30 cm) weaving width – 2 shaft
- Erica 30: 11 ¾” (30 cm) weaving width – 4 shaft
- Erica 50: 19 ½” (50 cm) weaving width – 2 shaft
- Erica 50: 19 ½” (50 cm) weaving width – 4 shaft
- 1 ¾” shed
- Built in raddle
- warped loom folds flat, so you can easily take it to class or on vacation, or fold for storage in small spaces.
Included with the Erica Loom are:
- Stainless steel reed 40-10 (10 dpi)
- 200 Texsolv heddles (150 mm)
- Tie-up and lease sticks
- Assembly instructions & tools
- Warping instructions
Erica Assembly video: