“Small but Mighty”
Named after David and Goliath, David is a compact 8 harness loom loaded with functionality. The David is a unique sinking shed jack loom with a 5″ shed and has become a very popular compact floor loom. David comes standard with 8 harnesses and while he may look modest, he has tremendous functionality and the weaving experience surpasses many large floor looms. Smooth and light-weight treadles due to a cam system give the David treadles a mechanical advantage. Weaving on this loom gives you a real appreciation for the word balance.
Like a counter balance or a jack loom, it has a singular tie-up. All harnesses sit in the up position. The harnesses that need to move to create a shed are pulled down by an ingenious spring system. The spring system also results in easy treadling: once the treadle is pushed down, the weight of your leg is sufficient to keep the shed open.
Available in two sizes:
- David 70: 27.5″ (70 cm) weaving width
- David 90: 35″ (90 cm) weaving width
- 5-inch shed
- Built-in raddle and shelf
- The sliding beater has the advantages of a standing beater. It has a shuttle race, it is adjustable in height and it stays back, close to the shafts to get the optimal shed. At both sides, the beater is guided with special bearings along a stainless steel rod. By adjusting the position of the rods you can adjust the height of the beater.
- Made of lacquered beech
- Castle section comes pre-assembled with built-in raddle and shelf
Included with David are:
- Stainless steel reed 40-10 (10 dpi)
- 800 Texsolv heddles (280 mm)
- Tie-up and lease sticks
- Sixteen warp sticks
- Friction brake for the warp beam
- Bench – height 57 cm (22 3/8′′)
- Second warp beam with back beam • Sectional warp kit (2 cm or inch)
- Flying Dutchman shuttle