What do you have on your loom? Share your FOs & WIPs

Weaving Supplies, Yarn & Looms Canada Forums Weaving Discussion What do you have on your loom? Share your FOs & WIPs

This topic contains 27 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  Sandra 1 week, 5 days ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author

jfranzak
    Participant
    • Topics: 3
    • Replies: 9
    • Totals: 12
    • Weaving wonder

I made a set o Asymmetry towels and sent one on its way to my brother.

D9C9C412-4503-4827-9B14-B907D1FA14926F64EC5B-470F-4DE5-ACFE-3660A004924B

Judith
    Participant
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 12
    • Totals: 14
    • Weaving wonder

Sorry.  Somehow my system sent two responses.

Judith
    Participant
    • Weaving wonder

Oh I really like this look!

Sandra
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 27
    • Replies: 428
    • Totals: 455
    • Weaving wonder

My WIP is a long warp of big tea towels – Log Cabin frame with lace dots in the white middle section.

IMG_1125

Judith
    Participant
    • Weaving wonder

This is 10/2 cotton.  I had it at 18 EPI and 18 PPI.  It was actually hard to keep it at 18 PPI even with the lightest beat.  And I had it set using an “odd” sett in  10 reed so I did have some lines in the fabric.  Those have evened out a bit after washing but I don’t think I would do this iteration again. I do like them for their drape and as picnic napkins they are fine.

Ginette
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 11
    • Replies: 386
    • Totals: 397
    • Weaving wonder

Those are just beautiful njwhenry! What sett did you open it up to?

Judith
    Participant
    • Weaving wonder

Just finished 4 picnic napkins. After watching the episode on sett I opened the sett for these up a little.  They would not be sturdy enough for every day napkins I don’t think.  But they match a basket handle I made on my Inkle loom and for a picnic basket they work!

0F59022E-612D-4C8B-B42B-61C8EAEA1496

Sandra
    Keymaster
    • Weaving wonder

That looks like a fun project, Kath!

Kath Gerrard
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 2
    • Totals: 2
    • Weaving weeble

Overshot scarfOvershot scarf on the loom – colours inspired by gorgeous outfits I have seen on Pakistani girls and women in our town.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by  Kath Gerrard. Reason: added text

Ginette
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 11
    • Replies: 386
    • Totals: 397
    • Weaving wonder

What’s on, beside & under my loom 🙂

Tea towels in a 2/2 twill, sett at 22 epi/ppi playing with stripes, Fibonacci & zingers in Venne’s 2/8 organic cotton and a kitten. We’ve adopted this little fellow 3 days ago and he totally explored my loom this morning. After his first initial peek at what I was doing while standing on the cat carrier, he was all over the place, top, underneath, warp at the front AND back of the loom, over the treadles, under the treadles, grabbing the treadles cords, watching the shuttle go back and forth, name it, he checked it out. It was very slow cloth weaving. Now to teach him that my loom needs to be left alone, but sure made me smile & laugh, good way to start the day 🙂

tea towel  20190802_180221  20190802_102209

Sandra
    Keymaster
    • Weaving wonder

Your confidence will come and don’t feel badly about using a kit!  Most of us started out weaving by using patterns from magazines and friends, where all you had to do was buy the yarn!  I look forward to watching your weaving world slowly expand!

Judith
    Participant
    • Weaving wonder

Just finished a set of waffle weave towels.  These were from a kit 😱 because I am not yet quite confident enough to design my own.  But as I am on season 2 I feel confident I will soon be able to draw, design and weave my own designs for towels or other projects.

Sandra
    Keymaster
    • Weaving wonder

We thought we’d start a new thread where we can all share our “finished objects” (FOs) and “works in progress” WIPs.  Let us see what you are up to at the loom!

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.