What do you have on your loom? Share your FOs & WIPs

Weaving Supplies, Yarn & Looms Canada Forums Weaving Discussion What do you have on your loom? Share your FOs & WIPs

This topic contains 27 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  Sandra 1 week, 5 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author

Sandra
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 27
    • Replies: 428
    • Totals: 455
    • Weaving wonder

What a fun project – to weave AND to weave while travelling!  Well done!!

Lana
    Participant
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 8
    • Totals: 10
    • Weaving wonder

Here is a set of dinner napkins I wove for my son’s family as a holiday gift.  Two color and weave  patterns in the warp and 10 different weft patterns.   There were woven on a Jane 40 table loom while on a camping trip in the American Southwest during most of October.  Also a sampler towel/runner/bread cloth/whatever from my extra warp.

.IMG_1580IMG_1581

Sandra
    Keymaster
    • Weaving wonder

Beautiful, Sarah!  Thanks for sharing 🙂

Sarah74
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 1
    • Totals: 1
    • Weaving weeble

Toddler weaver reporting in! Pretty much all of season one got me through this scarf – from planning the project all the way to fixing a broken warp thread. Feeling pretty pleased with how it turned out!

IMG_2275 (1)

Ginette
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 11
    • Replies: 386
    • Totals: 397
    • Weaving wonder

It looks great Judith!

Judith
    Participant
    • Replies: 12
    • Totals: 14
    • Weaving wonder

I finished the first part of the gamp sample from Season 2.  So educational!  Even though I got my sections a bit mixed up – the individual sections were threaded correctly and I wove in the sequence I warped so it works out ok. A cutout on black paper really helped.  I decided to cut off the first sample so I could look at my work before moving on. The red lines indicate changes in weft   97FE6A6E-41DA-4994-B64F-D7496603447D

Judith
    Participant
    • Replies: 12
    • Totals: 14
    • Weaving wonder

Oh pretty! I am not quite there yet.  Can’t wait though.

David
    Participant
    • Replies: 2
    • Totals: 2
    • Weaving weeble

On my loom today is a new warp, full of exciting possibilities. This is the Parrot sample, with Apricot, Turmeric, Hot Pink, Raspberry, and Peacock, along with black as the zinger. I’m looking forward to working on it over the weekend.

862CE31F-B24C-4413-8101-9189761429AB

Sandra
    Keymaster
    • Weaving wonder

Thank you, Jacqueline!

Jacqueline
    Participant
    • Topics: 3
    • Replies: 52
    • Totals: 55
    • Weaving wonder

Sandra, love that pattern. Simplistic, yet sophisticated! 😊

Sandra
    Keymaster
    • Weaving wonder

Second to last tea towel on the 10-yard warp – I’ve had fun playing with Colour and Weave! I added a little extra “note” to the inside panel. With this towel, I wove it in dark grey to make the note sing, instead of being a quiet textural note 😉

Screen Shot 2019-09-29 at 8.44.00 AM

Debby
    Participant
    • Replies: 2
    • Totals: 2
    • Weaving weeble

Just started online guild earlier this year, and I had a warp on my loom that I had not started to weave. I am trying to finish this so I can get my first sample dressed on my loom. I am loving this throw done with Harrisville Shetland but want to test out the new things I have learned from these online videos. I can’t get my pic to upload.

Sue
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 25
    • Totals: 26
    • Weaving wonder

What a great idea. Well done Sophia (and Grandma)!

kathleen ready
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 43
    • Totals: 44
    • Weaving wonder

That is amazing, what a great design. I’m sure she will have lots of compliments on her new backpack when she heads back to school.

Sandra
    Keymaster
    • Weaving wonder

My 15-year-old granddaughter, Sophia,  mentioned in passing that she wanted to weave a small backpack sometime this summer.  With 2 weeks left before school starts, we arranged a weekend where this could happen!  I picked her up on Friday evening, and set her down with my sketchbook and pencil crayons and asked that she sketch an idea of what she wanted and in what colours.  I told her about “Mr.” Fibonacci and how he could help her create a beautiful design.  I went with her design and worked out the warp.  We had to make an emergency run to a friend to borrow some 8/2 lilac and then came home to work.  Sophia was hands-on all the way!  By supper the warp was on and ready to weave and she finished weaving before we headed to bed, so we could wash it and let it dry overnight.

We had to do a bit of shopping on Sunday morning to find something that could be her straps and then I got to assembling the bag.  I don’t like machine sewing, but I managed to figure out how to sew it together with a lining and attach the straps by hand.  She is delighted the first item in her “fashion line” 😉

Because the warp would be so short, I added enough for a scarf, which I’ll weave off for her using some Bambu from my stash.

Sophia's Mini Backpack

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.