Weaving Simple Supplementary Warp

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Jane
      Participant

I am beyond frustrated! I have a warp thread in the dent with one of supplementary warps that is not weaving—all the way across the sample. So eleven threads. Did it on my sample, so cut off, checked the threading, resleyed and tied on again. Wove a couple of inches of pw—and there they are! I have the sups in dents with two warps, as shown in the instructions. So sleyed the pairs, then picked up the sups, sleyed them with the warp threads, making sure they were in the correct order off the lease sticks. Arggghhhhh.

Of course, I can weave it,  and pull them out, but I don’t get what is wrong! Help!

Jane
        Keymaster

Hi Jane,

Do you have that harnesses tied up to the treadle….that is the most obvious…the other thing to check would be to track those threads from the reed to the harnesses and make sure they aren’t crossed.  I can’t think of anything else….but if these 2 things aren’t the problem maybe you could send me a few pictures….pictures help so often.  Don’t worry….this has been woven hundreds of times by my students so it has to be something easy 🙂

Jane

Jane
          Keymaster

Are you using 4 shafts….Your supps are supposed to be on shafts 3 and 4 and your grounds are on 1 and 2 giving up perfect plain weave….then the tie-up will control what is happening with the 3’s and 4’s.

Jane
            Participant

Big shout out to Jane who has worked tirelessly to help me. It’s so good to know that she, and her team are there to help when things don’t go as planned.

Jane
              Participant

65D85F1A-6C25-4D5C-92E7-2EA0F8E8AB60Finished a sample (left) and two scarves. Love this warp, and I finally got it right on the middle scarf! The learning goes on!

Jane
                  Keymaster

Way to go Jane.  You persevered and you nailed it.  Feels good doesn’t it 🙂

Viewing 4 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.