Warping Cross

Tagged: ,

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Lora Negrito
      Participant

I have watched Season 1 episodes 1 &2 several times trying to figure out why my warp on the loom is weird. I think I have it figured out, except 1 thing. In Episode 1, Jane said that you don’t want to have a 2nd part to the cross. So, she goes over 2 pegs, under and then over. So, I have been going over, under, over, under–creating 2 “holes” in the warp cross. She said that she would say why not to do that, but I haven’t found it yet. I have been doing my warps that way, I didn’t catch that the first million times I’ve watched. So, it creates an extra cross in the warp when putting it on the loom. I’m wondering if this might be part of the problem? On my David 2 Floor loom I haven’t had any issues, but my Leclerc Voyager is giving me GRIEF! Could this be a  problem? How do I deal with it on the warp I have now? I don’t want to throw it out as I just threw out another warp and started over, before I figured out the mistakes I made putting it on. Thank you!

Lora Negrito
        Participant

So, I answered my own question. The extra cross was worked out as I was separating into the raddle. Thank you!

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.