Warp

Tagged: ,

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Terry Lynn Carefoot
      Participant

i Just dressed my loom with alpaca.  I dressed it at 8ppi. I think it should have been 10 or 12.  My weft is packin in too tight.  Is there ant way to compensate for this?  Could I use a larger weft?  Any suggestions?

Terry Lynn

Sandra
        Keymaster

How heavy/fine is your alpaca?  What structure are you using?  Jane uses 10 epi and 10 ppi for plain weave and 12 epi, 12 ppi for twill, according to her Master Sett Chart for the alpaca she uses.

Is it too late to sample – change the sett and/or play with other wefts? I’m sure these are all questions you have asked yourself 😉  It’s hard to know what to suggest, but you are right on the mark not wanting it to pack in too much.  It needs room to bloom.

Jane
          Keymaster

Hi Terry Lynn,
            Tell me what Alpaca you are using…is it the Baby Alpaca or the Prime Alpaca or the Tweed. They are all different sizes so I can help you if I know which one it is.
            Cheers,
            Jane

Terry Lynn Carefoot
            Participant

Hi Jane.  It is prime alpaca and it is like sock yarn. I think I need to do some sampling.  I should have used a ten dent or perhaps 12

Terry Lynn

Jane
              Keymaster

Hi Terry Lynn,
                I sett that at 10 and beat it at 10 and it blooms beautifully when fulled. You aren’t far off and what a great lesson you learned. 🙂

Terry Lynn Carefoot
                Participant

I just needed to watch four again. Did ruler thing. Should be ten

Viewing 5 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.