using different yarn types

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      rita.msmiller
      Participant

I have the sample for the asymmetry on my loom.  Using the warp as suggested with 8/2 cotton.

I have changed the EPI to a 12 epi and have now started to  experiment with 100% cotton boucle yarn.  I have all colors (same as the warp)  except the red is not a boucle!!  (I would need to purchase this) so it remains the same as the 8/2 thread in the warp.

My question is would this red thread cause a buckling in the final finish after washing because it is not the same?   I am wondering if that little stripe of red would just be a problem at the end after the washing is completed??

Would love to experiment ! any advice on how this change in yarns might change the final product is appreciated…… Thanks in advance…. Rita from Petoskey Michigan

Sandra
        Keymaster

I might sample with doubling the 8/2 to make the equivalent of 8/4 to see how that would work.  I used 8/4 and boucle in several of my asymmetry samples.

On the other hand, you are into the “play” mode – can you switch up your colours with other colours of boucle?

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • The forum ‘Season 2 – Colour & Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.