Upholstery samples complete….

Weaving Supplies, Yarn & Looms Canada Forums Weaving Discussion Upholstery samples complete….

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Jacqueline 2 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Jacqueline
    Participant

Fabulous! Great colour choice.

Ellen Black
    Participant

it’s beautiful !!!

Ed Chapman
    Participant

IMG_5254 2Thanks to Jane, I was able to find a cone of “tundra” to begin actual weaving. Nice to have no threading mistakes on the first try… and man was this a threading job.

Ellen Black
    Participant

It is gorgeous !!! I love overshot as well.

Look forward to seeing more photos of your weaving.

yezemin
    Participant

That tundra is not my color, but otherwise your samples look great! Would have gone to my cats at once for “testing”.

The last chairs we bought, the vendor was a bit mystified as we wanted fabric samples for “testing”.  😉 But this way we found a fabric that withstands their claws nicely.

I wish you luck and hope you will tell us about how you use it for upholstering. This is something I didn’t dare so far. Weaving the fabric is one thing, but putting it on furniture…

Ed Chapman
    Participant

I am attempting some upholstery fabric for the first time and decided on Brassard 8/2 cottolin for the warp and Harrisville Shetland for the weft. The structure is “Waldenweave” from Bertha Gray Hayes collection of miniature overshot…. I am developing a “thing” for overshot and really like all aspects of it.

I did some sampling and decided that 20 EPI (2 per dent in a  ten dent read) gave me the right pics per inch with a medium hard beat on my Louet Spring to produce a squared pattern repeat. After a gentle fulling, the color option samples came out very nice- encouragement!

I’m now threading a 28″ warp for the full width fabric. Wish me luck.

IMG_7189We decided to go with the Harrisville “Tundra” light green with the olive weft. Luckily Jane has a cone of Tundra in stock… it’s vanished from other supplier sites.

• This topic was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by  Ed Chapman.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.