Undulating twill towel set

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      Barbara
      Participant

These are so pretty and fun to weave.

• This topic was modified 5 years, 5 months ago by Barbara.
        Barbara
        Participant

43376074_2527925153884364_3158700364602015744_n

Betty.allen
          Participant

Barbara, I love your towels.  Beautiful!!!

Deborah
            Participant

I am just getting ready to start the undulating tea towel kit and have a question about the threading draft:  It looks like the sequence is repeated (7 times) and that the “repeat” ends with a single black thread.  The next repeat starts with 8 black and so now there are 9 threads in the group rather than 8.  Am I reading the pattern correctly?  It seems to me that the sequence should end with an 8 count of the greys/white and not include this single black thread.

Barbara
              Participant

Deborah,  You must not have gotten the “revised” draft.  I am trying to download a picture of the revised draf but my phone is not cooperating.  Your 7 repeats should end with the light color on shaft 8.  The last repeat should be the last 8 threads in black.  Just stop your repeats at the last light color on shaft 8 and then start back at the beginning.  Hope that makes sense.

Barbara
                Participant

20181101_112911

Deborah
                  Participant

Thanks a million for your help.  I went back to my emails and saw the revised pattern as well.  I hope to get this on my loom in the next few days!

Deborah
                    Participant

Again, thanks for your help.  I am about half-way through this project and really enjoying the results.  I’ve substituted red for the white.66D15320-DDB9-4515-9126-AE1725745601

Ginette
                        Keymaster

Hi agree with Barbara, the red is a fabulous zinger!  Both your towels are wonderful 🙂

Barbara
                        Participant

I love the red!  (These may be my favorite towels that I have ever woven.)  Yours are beautiful with the red.  Good choice!

Deborah
                          Participant

Thanks but mums the word…they are Christmas presents for my daughter 🙂

• This reply was modified 5 years, 3 months ago by Deborah.
                            Sandra
                            Keymaster

If anyone is looking for the JST kit and draft for these beautiful towels – they can be found here Undulating Twill Tea Towel Kit

• This reply was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by Sandra.
                          Viewing 10 reply threads
                          • The forum ‘Season 2 – Colour & Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.