Thoughts on 4.2.3 to 4.2.9 – Fiberworks Weaving Software (Windows)

Forums Weaving Discussion Online Guild Discussion Season 4 – Twills on Four Weaving Discussion Thoughts on 4.2.3 to 4.2.9 – Fiberworks Weaving Software (Windows)

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author
      Ginette
      Keymaster

Let us know your thoughts on Fiberworks Weaving Software – Windows version, lessons 4.2.3 to 4.2.9

taty.lauwers
        Participant

thanks, very interesting and very clear. I use FW everyday, very happy with it.

A note to French users: on French Belgian keyboards, shortcuts to colour choice for @ and # have to be typed in with their alt-counterparts, which alt64 and alt35 on num keypad. I use a Windows based FW

en français: les abréviations couleur citées dans la vidéo fonctionnent sauf pour @ et # qui doivent être tapées comme leur équivalent alt, càd taper simultanément alt et 64 et alt 35 sur le pavé numérique

diannedavenport
          Participant

I had purchased PCW awhile ago.  I was self taught and found a lot of helpful hints in these videos.  I enjoyed all the segments. I understand thread thickness, but I wish that there was something to relate the usual terms, such as 8/2 or 2/16, to what is in the program. All in all very happy with this episode.

05hickory
            Participant

I have had Fiberworks for several years.  I did not know on the color set up, the bottom color is supposed to be the opposite/alternative.  I went to my version and I do not get the alternative. I opened a new window, new file and the second color is always green.    How do you re-set the color set up?

Liz Francis
              Participant

Have used PCW for years but this is the clearest instruction I’ve had, thank you.

cshortcake
                Participant

I have been thinking about getting weaving software for awhile now.  After seeing this I will be purchasing PCW.  It looks like an easy software program to learn.

Ila McCallum
                  Participant

I have used Fiberworks PCW for several years and love the program.  I have listened and watched the videos, and, as always, learned and/or was reminded of several features.  Thank you.

yezemin
                    Participant

Wow, thanks so much. I never knew that the color in the underlying square can be chosen via doubleclick. I also didn’t know that I can type numbers for the threading and treadling sequence. That especially will make copying drafts from a magazin or such for modification so much faster!

I also didn’t know what those red outlined tools are for. Can you imagine that I put every dot by hand? This makes drafting so much easier!

It’s also awesome to know, that I can do nearly everything with the keyboard instead of a mouse (will keep my RSS down…), especially with color sequences!!!

What I missed: I know, that I should be able to SAVE my own color palette, but I didn’t really understand how to do that. If you are using a special brand of yarn it would be great to be able to save that color palette, instead of changing the existing colors over and over.

I didn’t really get the “Drop Repeat”. Wouldn’t that be the same as the “Advancing Repeat” if I change the steps to 2 instead of 1?

• This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by yezemin.
                      Denise Voss
                      Participant

Thank you! The info was very clear and well presented. I am going to purchase Fiberworks. I have a Louet Megado arriving in late April (yippee!,) and I’m wondering if there is a discount also on the SilverPlus version? Or is it only on the Bronze version?

thanks!

Ginette
                          Keymaster

Hi Denise, it’s for the Bronze version only. You must be so excited to be getting a Megado! I’ve woven on one at Jane’s studio, you’ll enjoy this loom 🙂

beemerquilter
                          Participant

Love FW. I have Silver and use Windows. I saw someone with Apple version access a gradient option in colors. Is that not a Windows option?
                            thanks!

Angela
                            Participant

There are several smartphone apps to find out the numerical number for a color by just using the app and your camera on your phone. One is Color Grab. Theoretically,  you should be able to scan your fiber/yarn and adjust your Red, Green, Blue or Hue, Saturation, Brightness. I think someone mentioned this app in the first season of the online guild. I am enjoying Season 4. Thank you for all the work you are doing.

Angela

Sharon
                              Participant

Not at this time.  I did hear at one time it is something that might get added in the future.  Maybe Bob would provide an update on this.

Sharon

Vicki
                                Participant

Very clear instructions thanks Bob. I have been using Fiberworks for several years on my Megado and I love it. I certainly learnt something from these videos. My main problem is how to save files in a systematic manner. I studied and worked with computers so long ago and everything is so much more complicated now… I’m showing my age here!! Some clear instructions on how to save files and how to rearrange those that have gone into the wrong place would be very helpful!!

Reena Meijer-Drees
                                  Participant

Just discovered a most useful feature – PCW will count heddles for you.

File –> Preview and Print –> click on the “heddle counts” box on the print options and setup dialog box.

On the last page, you should find a little table that gives full heddle counts for each shaft. Very useful when you are doing complex designs!

kemurt
                                    Participant

This is absolutely awesome!  I’ve been using the free version, but muddled through without knowing all the useful ways to make drafting easier.  I suppose I could have read the manual (oh no!), but even so, having a live demo is so much more helpful.  Thank you!

Also, I recall at some point that there was a discounted price for buying the software…. Was that a time-limited offering?

Thanks,

Karen

Sandra
                                        Keymaster

We’re glad you found the videos helpful, Karen.  As to whether the discounted price is still in effect, you would have to email Bob at info@fiberworks-pcw.com to ask him that question 😉

Renee Laffey
                                        Participant

This has been very helpful for me. I’ve played it twice. I’m glad you were able to have Bob do this for us. Thanks!

Viewing 15 reply threads
                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.