Thoughts on 3.8.3 – Supplementary Warp, Dealing with Your Floats and a Tad More on Design

Forums Weaving Discussion Online Guild Discussion Season 3 – Pushing the Boundaries of Plain Weave Thoughts on 3.8.3 – Supplementary Warp, Dealing with Your Floats and a Tad More on Design

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Ginette
      Keymaster

Let us know your thoughts on 3.8.3 – Supplementary Warp, Dealing with Your Floats and a Tad More on Design.

mclay
        Participant

Why do you avoid the number 5?

Ila McCallum
          Participant

Jane, thank you again for a wonderful episode. I just put the basic draft into my computer weaving program and Voila! fun stuff. An easy way to say “What if?”.

Thank you for making supplementary warp so much easier. I do not have two back beams but was putting the supplementary warp on a board elevated over the back beam and weighting it. A lot of fussing and changing of the weights as I wove.

I finished the weaving for year 2 and will start on year 3. Will post pictures as I go. Love watching the videos!

Gale
            Participant

I have my kit yarns ready to go for the supplementary warp scarves & fortunately have ten treadles, but I have what will seem like a silly question. What type of sticker does Jane use for labelling the treadles that comes off easily & does not leave a sticky residue. I know masking tape can leave a mess & some white stickers don’t want to come off.
              Gale

encfarm2
                Participant

Use the green or blue painters tape. Leaves no residue. Use them to stick my pattern on the castle of the loom also.

Jane
                  Keymaster

I just use address labels…and they get built up on the treadles because I just keep sticking them on top of each other. Every now and then I pull off a bunch and there is always gunk left on the treadle but I just cover it up with another sticker. I’m just not that fussy and want to make sure I know where I’m putting my feet.

sharikalb
                  Participant

Does anyone else have trouble with buffering? The videos keep stopping every minute or two. Any fixes for this?

Ginette
                      Keymaster

Hi Shari, are you still having issues with buffering?

Emma Hamilton
                      Participant

I do, we live rural and our internet connection is not the fastest but we can watch netflix and youtube no problems, but these videos drive me crazy stopping all the time unless I get up and watch them at 5 am, when there’s less people using the internet I assume. And I have it set to either lowest quality or auto.

Sandra
                          Keymaster

Emma, have you clicked on the little purple “question” bubble at the bottom left hand corner of your screen? Our in-house techie outlines some steps to take towards trying to improve your viewing experience. Also, there are some tips that might help you in the JST Forum under JST Housekeeping – Forum. Let us know if any of these ideas help..

Danette Cross
                          Participant

I think if the sups were something other than a very slick silk, they might not have pulled out nearly as easy.

Maggie
                            Participant

I downloaded the course material for this but, for some reason, on the second page, the only thing that printed was the red circles and the words on the left! I tried again, same thing. So, I got my ruler and drew in the chart and all the other information. No idea why that happened. Thanks for this wonderful demonstration on how to work with supplementary warp. Whenever I can get back to my weaving, I have had a lot of health problems following my husband’s passing, I will certainly give this a go!

Ginette
                                Keymaster

Hi Maggie,

Sorry you’re having troubles printing the PDF! Not sure why it’s doing this.

Here’s a link to Acrobat Troubleshooting page, hopefully something here will help solve your issue. I do know that changing the setting to ‘print as image’ option works most of the time for me.

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/troubleshoot-pdf-printing-acrobat-reader.html

Sandra
                                  Keymaster

Be kind to yourself, Maggie – one day at a time – you’ll get to where you are ready to weave some fabulous Supplementary Warp scarves.

Viewing 7 reply threads
                              • The forum ‘Season 3 – Pushing the Boundaries of Plain Weave’ is closed to new topics and replies.