Thoughts on 3.7.1 – Designing a Double Width Project

Forums Weaving Discussion Online Guild Discussion Season 3 – Pushing the Boundaries of Plain Weave Thoughts on 3.7.1 – Designing a Double Width Project

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Ginette
      Keymaster

Let us know your thoughts on 3.7.1 – Designing a Double Width Project.

Jacquelyn Partain
        Participant

I have done several plain weave and twill double width blankets using my 8 shaft schacht loom and really want to do a waffle weave but need to check out my understanding of the structure with you first. Waffle weave takes 4 shafts so do i use shafts 1+5, 2+6, 3+7, and 4+8 as pattern pairs when i am threading, with 1-4 being the top layer and 5-8 being the bottom layer?
          After that i am a bit lost with the tie up., but think i tie up for the first 2 picks of the top layer in pattern, then 2 picks of the bottom, then the next two picks for the top layer finishing with the last 2 for the bottom in walking order.
          If you are willing to clarify this for me i would be most grateful. I know this is beyond where this lesson is at the moment, but it is where i am and would love to try it. Thank you.

Jenni Gormley
          Participant

Can you use a 12 dpi reed for this project?

Sandra
              Keymaster

Yes, you can!  Sley 1-1-2.  Have fun.

Suzanne
              Participant

Is a David loom tied up the same as the counterbalance?

Lise
                Participant

Did Suzanne get an answer to her question regarding her counterbalance loom? I have the same question.

Ginette
                    Keymaster

Hi Lise,

Rising shed looms are the Jack loom and sinking shed looms are your counterbalance looms and David looms.

Viewing 4 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.