Thoughts on 3.2.1 – Introduction to Cramming & Denting

Forums Weaving Discussion Online Guild Discussion Season 3 – Pushing the Boundaries of Plain Weave Thoughts on 3.2.1 – Introduction to Cramming & Denting

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      Ginette
      Keymaster

Let us know your thoughts on 3.2.1 – Introduction to Cramming & Denting.

sengle685
        Participant

About 8:30 and video Jane is saying the warp is 24 epi for each colored stripe, is that correct? Doesn’t look like that to me. Thanks

sengle685
            Participant

I continued on with the video and know the error of my ways. Sorry to bother you but I figured it out!

Ginette
              Keymaster

Hi sengle685, The original warp from Episode 1 was sett at 24 epi on a 1/2 inch grid. Jane mentions that there are 24 threads per colour section on that warp when she resleyed for Cramming & Denting with different EPIs. The difference between these 2 samples are just amazing and equally beautiful!

cshortcake
              Participant

What colors did you use in the longer linen piece? One of the colors looks like a rust. Thanks Carol

ellore.28
                Participant

I have the Jane table loom- can linen warp be accomplished on this gal?

Ginette
                    Keymaster

Hi ellore.28, I don’t see why not. Put on a small linen warp to sample, it’ll probably do very well on it. You’ll enjoy weaving with linen!

fudsy1
                      Participant

Ellore.28,
                        how did this work for you? I also own a Jane loom and just love it. I’m playing catch up from last year while trying to do this season. The denting was loads of fun

Beth Napper
                      Participant

I can’t seem to access the cramming and denting video. Under progress on the episode page it only shows 75%. I accessed it when it first came out. Has anything changed since then?

Sandra
                          Keymaster

Hi Beth – I just checked this episode on my computer and it seems to be working. Give it another try and please let us know if you still have a problem. Maybe there was a glitch in the background when you tried – ‍

hicks9729
                          Participant

I am a member why am I seeing this page?

Ginette
                              Keymaster

Hi hicks9729, which page are you referring to?

Sue
                              Participant

Great to hear of others using a Louet Jane . It’s a wonderful piece of equipment and the linen loves it. The shed comes out at bottom and middle as Jane recommended and the linen behaves like a dream.. Didn’t even need any weights. I wove a 30″ linen/linen sample and am just about to start a linen/silk scarf with the rest of the warp
                                . Jane – please can you include your lovely table loom in any comments you make about looms and their suitability for different pieces. They deserve it! Thanks

We were having a discussion today about silk. Can it be used successfully in the warp and weft for cramming and denting or is it to slippery. I would do a sample but the silk is so dear I hesitate.

Would appreciate hearing from someone if they have tried this. Thanks

Diane
                                Participant

Wouldn’t 24 ends sett at 18 epi be 1.33″ (1 – 1/3″), not 1.75″?

Vicky Martin
                                  Participant

How many threads did Jane use in her hemstitching for the silk weft scarf and did she weave it with open or very open?

Ginette
                                      Keymaster

Hi Vicky, the next episode 3.2.2 is actually the scarf that Jane weaves so you’re timing is perfect 🙂

dixon5258
                                      Participant

I paid for this year, but I cannot view the videos. What is up?
                                        Gail Dixon
                                        Order #150070 was placed on January 14, 2020 and is currently Completed.
                                        Order details
                                        Product
                                        Total
                                        JST Online Guild Yearly Membership × 1
                                        US$74.47
                                        Welcome to JST’s Online Guild….thank you so much for signing up.
                                        To get started, please visit https://janestaffordtextiles.com/online-guild
                                        Subtotal:
                                        US$74.47
                                        Payment method:
                                        Credit Card
                                        Total:
                                        US$74.47

Viewing 10 reply threads
                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.