Thoughts on 3.10.1 – Pushing the Boundaries of PW Conclusion

Forums Weaving Discussion Online Guild Discussion Season 3 – Pushing the Boundaries of Plain Weave Thoughts on 3.10.1 – Pushing the Boundaries of PW Conclusion

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Ginette
      Keymaster

Let us know your thoughts on 3.10.1 – Pushing the Boundaries of PW Conclusion.

Beth Napper
        Participant

I always say it is just plain weave, Jane!! Thank you for that.

jwhennessy
          Participant

Thank You Jane!

sweetbayfiber
              Participant

A fellow guild member gave a presentation last January about your online guild. The title of her presentation wasn’t something that engendered excitement within me, but two friends of mine were interested in joining my guild, as beginner weavers and I thought it might be of interest to them, so I went. I left the meeting with a new excitement for weaving! I joined your online guild in February and did the previous two years and the present year in 10 months! You’re right ! It is PW2! I can’t wait for 2020 to begin!

mary.dean
              Participant

Thank you Jane! I love that you’re old school. Keep that blackboard coming!

juliamnorman
                Participant

I cant find “pushing the boundaries of plain weave 1” is there an index somewhere so I dont have to keep bothering you?
                  thanks,
                  Julia

Ginette
                    Keymaster

Hi Julia, yes there are indexes! On this main page for the lessons at the very top, you’ll find the first 3 Seasons indexes https://janestaffordtextiles.com/online-guild-episodes/ .
                      You can also access it anytime via the drop menu, click ‘Learn’ and it will be the third column where you can download them. Also, we have a Beta Online Index right here: https://janestaffordtextiles.com/online-guild-index-beta/

I should add that on the main page of the lessons, you can scroll down to the Pushing the Boundaries of Plain weave videos.

juliamnorman
                        Participant

Thanks Ginette. I have tried the first suggestion but still cannot find “pushing the boundaries of plain weave 1”
                          I then tried to access the beta index but it got stuck on the first page…
                          I dont know where to go from here….I am sure Jane mentioned this episode and I havent imagined it!
                          thanks,
                          Julia

Ginette
                            Keymaster

Hi Julia, there’s no specific episode called ‘Pushing the Boundaries of Plain Weave 1’ but this whole Season 3 is called Pushing the Boundaries of PW where you’ll find several lessons on Denting, Cramming & Denting, Log Cabin etc. You can start with the first lesson ‘Denting’ right here: https://janestaffordtextiles.com/course/season-3-episode-1-denting/ and work your way through the 10 episodes. Are you looking for a specific weaving technique or sample that we could find for you?

kemurt
                        Participant

What a great season of weaving lessons!  I’ve just watched several episodes and really like the overview at the end.  With my brain now swirling with ideas, the overview helps reinforce the important points to remember.  Thank you, Jane and thanks for being such a great teacher–one who can distill information down to its essence and transfer great enthusiasm for the art and process!

Karen

Viewing 5 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.