Thoughts on 2.8.4 – At the Table

Forums Weaving Discussion Online Guild Discussion Season 2 – Colour & Design Thoughts on 2.8.4 – At the Table

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Ginette
      Keymaster

Let us know your thoughts on 2.8.4 – At the Table.

Ellen Black
        Participant

Each lesson is so exciting ! Thank you.

Janis
          Participant

Loved what you did with this Gamp. So inspirational.
            Thanks Jane

Patricia
            Participant

Have made warp for muted colour gamp. Where it is alternate colours ie purple/raspberryI have wound 20 ends. Adding up all the tens and twenties I make it 240ends in total.
              Which makes the warp width 13”@18epi. To get 340 ends there would have to be twenty purple/ 20 raspberry etc. Which would make the alternate colour band twice as wide.
              Is this an oversight?
              Love the game by the way. Patricia

Ginette
                Keymaster

Hi Patricia, saw your other comment, no worries! Happy weaving! This colour gamp is so much fun to weave 🙂

MaryAnne Hawryluk
                Participant

great ideas of how to use color and stripes

MaryAnne Hawryluk
                  Participant

great ideas of how to use color and change colors in your weft so that you can use the idea in other projects.

j_mclaughlin
                    Participant

Did I miss the tutorial on clasped weft technique or was the beautiful sample a teaser for the next lesson?
                      Julian McLaughlin, 11 May 2019

Sandra
                        Keymaster

Hi Julian, you can find the information on Clasped Weft at the following locations in Season 2 – see below. Ginette has done a wonderful job of creating Indexes for each Season and Episode – they can be found at the top of the main Episode page. Hope this helps.

Clasped weft technique 2.5.2, 28:04
                          -clean line clasped weft technique 2.5.2, 53:55 -Jamdani technique 2.5.2, 41:37

j_mclaughlin
                            Participant

Thank you, Sandra. Somehow, I missed the whole segment of Parrot at the Loom 2.52. I’m a new weaver and have become enchanted by the various samples exhibited.
                              Julian McLaughlin, 12 May 2019

Brenda Reimer
                          Participant

When you are weaving at the loom, how does Jane keep track of the length she is weaving. As the warp is advanced it is eventually wound up and it is hard to know how much you have woven for say a tea towel on a long warp? Just wondering if you have any tricks for that.

Sandra
                              Keymaster

Personally, I pin a cloth (or paper) tape measure using two pins about an inch apart, to mark the beginning of my project piece. As I weave my pins “jump” over each other holding the tape measure in place until I reach my desired length. Hope this helps.

Brenda Reimer
                                  Participant

Thanks for the tip. I was using a roll of paper tape but find the roll just gets in the way. Maybe pinning the tape measure flat will work better.

nc345
                                Participant

Whenever I am at Ikea, I keep the paper tape measures that I used “to measure” purchases.

I have my husband use one and keep his too.   It has both inches and cm.

Viewing 8 reply threads
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.