Thoughts on 2.8.1 – Intro to Muted Colour Gamp on Natural Ground

Forums Weaving Discussion Online Guild Discussion Season 2 – Colour & Design Thoughts on 2.8.1 – Intro to Muted Colour Gamp on Natural Ground

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Ginette
      Keymaster

Let us know your thoughts on 2.8.1 – Intro to Muted Colour Gamp on Natural Ground.

Great episode! Love the blocks of colour.
        Is there a reason why you do not mix gold and green together?

Sandra
          Keymaster

Jane is working with close “cousins” as she’s works across the sample to get the wonderful blends of colours that are close to each other in the colour wheel. You’ll be able to see gold and green together when you weave your green as a weft at the end of the sample. Have fun!

Fran
          Participant

These colour mix fabrics have really opened my eyes to combinations that I would never have thought of. I really appreciate this, as I consider myself as a colour person much more than a pattern one.! I’ll be doing this a lot!

Patricia
            Participant

Not sure whether my first comment questioning the no of ends, actually posted or not. But if it did please ignore it. Of course it all adds up to 340 ends in the warp. Shouldn’t do addition late at night!
              Love the latest gamp. Already have enough ideas to last a lifetime. Thanks again Jane.

heidi
              Participant

Help, I warped a section of the wrong color and found it as I was threading the heddles. It’s a 5.5 yard warp and 8 threads are wrong. I don’t have any cones to use off the back beam. Can I wind the warp onto the front, tie on theright color to the back and re-wind to the back beam? I don’t really want to deal with pill bottles the whole warp.

heidi
                  Participant

Sorry I posted this question in the wrong place.I just posted it to the forum instead.

Sandra
                      Keymaster

I don’t see your question on the Forum, Heidi. Did you solve your problem?

Carmen Kight
                    Participant

E294794E-64A9-42D6-AD8C-5BACDB2987DEReally enjoyed this gamp, put on extra and wove a scarf after taking out the white borders. What a resource this gamp will be! Did muted colors, bright colors and silk. What fun! This is bombyx 20/2 bb blue one half and favorite wine one half

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by Carmen Kight.
                        Sandra
                        Keymaster

Absolutely stunning, Carmen!!!  Bravo 👏👏👏

Viewing 5 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.