Thoughts on 2.3.1 – Colour theory in a nutshell

Forums Weaving Discussion Online Guild Discussion Season 2 – Colour & Design Thoughts on 2.3.1 – Colour theory in a nutshell

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Ginette
      Keymaster

Let us know your thoughts on 2.3.1 – Colour theory in a nutshell.

Michelle Simon
        Participant

Do you have the threading and tie up for the second sample? I will not be purchasing a kit for this since I already bought the colors needed. Thanks.

Ginette
            Keymaster

Hi Michelle, the next gamp Colour & Weave airs later today. You’ll be able to download the PDF for it when you’re on the lesson.
              Ginette

Jeanne Rankin
            Participant

Wow!

Pam
              Participant

HI Jane
                My loom is only 18″ wide (Wolf Pup). What do you suggest for the 19″ samples? I could do them double weave, or make the samples narrower.

Sandra
                  Keymaster

I would make them narrower, you would still a good sample to have as a record.

Caroline
                  Participant

I found this technique of laying out all my yarns around in the colour wheel circle very helpful. It was a way to look at my stash yarns and apply them to something . For example, after I put on the parrot warp and wove the first sample I took it off the loom and laid out all my wools to see how they would work as weft for the parrot warp.
                    I wove a longer piece, like a shawl, at 12 epi . Cotton warp and wool weft . I am really happy with the result. I wanted to put in a photo but couldn’t figure out how to do it.

Sandra
                      Keymaster

Hi Caroline. You can put a photo of your project into the section of the Online Guild Forum by going to this link where you will find other postings of the Parrot Sample I look forward to seeing what you created!

Dorothy Hopkins
                      Participant

I also do some patchwork and I have found the ‘Ultimate 3-in-1 colour tool’ by Joen Wolfrom to be really beneficial. It has helped me with picking fabric colours to go together. For each colour it gives the monochromatic, complementary, analogous, split complementary and triadic. Maybe it could help others.

Melissa Marvin
                        Participant

I have found a great place for color inspiration is Reddit. There are some nice subreddits that feature pictures of nature and natural surroundings. The colors of nature are amazing!

Viewing 6 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.