Thoughts on 2.1.2 – Intro to Colour and Design

Forums Weaving Discussion Online Guild Discussion Season 2 – Colour & Design Thoughts on 2.1.2 – Intro to Colour and Design

Viewing 21 reply threads
  • Author
      Ginette
      Keymaster

Let us know your thoughts on 2.1.2 – Intro to Colour and Design.

R Teresa
        Participant

I am unable to watch.

Gabriele
          Participant

Same problem. Are we europeans to early (-:

Karen
            Participant

I’m a member of the online Guild, and the the videos are saying it private video for all the discussions.
              Karen Lamar

Jane
                Keymaster

We have had a huge storm overnight…power out…it has just come back on so we should have everything up and running within an hour :). Sorry

Jane
                    Keymaster

Hi Kids,
                      I am just reading through all your comments and I am so happy that you are all so anxious to learn.
                      I’m sure it is just a button, but I’m not allowed to touch those things, ha ha. Alastair is on his way in….my tech guy to the rescue, I’m going to get him a white horse someday. We had the most amazing storm last night…holy crow….I wouldn’t have wanted to be a crow out there :). Soon soon, I promise.

Angela
                  Participant

It is working great now! Thank you.
                    Angela

ynotkayak59
                    Participant

The link from the email does not work but I can access the videos directly from the website. 🙂

Liz
                      Participant

Same here in Ottawa, the link in the email did now work but by going directly to the online guild and logging in there, I had no problem with access. Looking forward to this second season!

eafarwell
                        Participant

I just joined this guild and sooo glad. My interest in weaving only happened about 6 months ago and found your online guild in a post from Dave at Louet. Trying to do last year’s episodes and will try to keep current with this season. So much to learn and love your style in teaching. I only have a rigid heddle loom right now but hope to get one of the floor looms once I have some experience and know what I am doing. I wish I did not have to go to work because it is definitely putting a crimp in my learning time! Lol. Looking forward to this year with your guild! A big grateful thanks for sharing your knowledge.

Marie-Jeanne
                          Participant

Are there kits for the different samples we will weave, or do you have a list of yarns needed to reproduce those beautiful samples. Looking forward to start weaving them.

Jane
                              Keymaster

Please read the two comments below.

Martha
                              Participant

Hi Jane, I’m wondering how long the warps will be that we’ll be putting on for the sampling. Thanks!

Jane
                                  Keymaster

I am suggesting you start with 8 yard warps but it is totally up to you. If that is too long, make it shorter 🙂

Jacqueline
                                  Participant

Hi Jane and all other weavers, just joined, live in The Netherlands, excited!

Barbara
                                    Participant

I have a friend who is thinking of joining the guild. She is a very new weaver so I was wondering if she joins now will she be able to see season 1 videos? I think they would be wonderful for her as a new weaver.
                                      Barbara

Ginette
                                        Keymaster

Absolutely! She gets access all the videos 🙂

stephiepeterson
                                        Participant

Hi Jane, question: will kits still be available after the year is over (for those of us just getting our looms?). 🙂 Thank you!

Jane
                                            Keymaster

Absolutely…the videos aren’t going anywhere and neither are the kits. 🙂

joan horwich
                                            Participant

Hi – thanks for all of the responses to my previous questions. I am seeing terrific results winding my warps and attaching them to the loom. I also found (thanks to your suggestion), that moving the lease sticks after beaming the loom made it much easier to see the cross and thread the heddles
                                              I am planning to order the kit for the first project for season 2, but noticed that it only comes with 1 cone of each color. Do you recommend buying an additional white cone so that I can wind 2 threads at once?
                                              thanks, Joan

Sandra
                                                Keymaster

Having extra white is never a problem but you will have a chance to learn how to hold more than one thread in your hand when you wind the Colour and Weave Gamp. Really, it’s up to you – but whatever you do, have fun!

joan horwich
                                                Participant

Hi Sandra, thanks for your response, but I’m confused. How can I wind 2 or more threads together if I need 30 and then 80 ends bleached (which I called white in my last post) unless I have 2 cones of bleached? My thoughts were that I would wind 2 strands of bleached, but then when I wind the colored stripes, would only wind with 1 strands a time. Also, I didn’t see that Jane uses any counting threads when winding the warp. I assume that when changing colors often, it’s not a necessity, but what if I were to wind a large single colored warp or a large grouping of the same color? Thanks, Joan

Sandra
                                                    Keymaster

Hi Joan. You can wind your warp one thread at a time and therefore only need one cone of each colour. You could wind half your cone onto a spool or into a centre pull ball and wind 2 threads at a time, or you could buy another ball of white. You aren’t likely to say to yourself, when you look at your stash in a few years, “Self – you just have too much white cotton!” 😉 It’s really up to you. I wound my warps one thread at a time as a beginning weaver and then grew into more. Jane doesn’t use counting threads, she can wind and count her warp threads in her sleep. Shhhhhh – don’t tell – I always use counting threads because I get distracted while winding my warp and therefore can easily go back to where I was. Quoting Jane – “There is no right way or wrong way, just the way that works for you.”

joan horwich
                                                        Participant

Thanks – your response really made me laugh. In my next life, I want to work with Jane and her crew

Georgene Mckenzie
                                                      Participant

I got half way through sesion 2 in Color & Design, and can no longer get it. What can I do?

Ginette
                                                          Keymaster

Hi Georgene, we’ll get you sorted! I just checked the episode and it’s working. Have you tried logging out and back in and also trying a different browser, if you’re using Chrome, try Firefox or vice versa. Let us know if it works.

Neva Thiessen
                                                          Participant

I am starting on the sample journey with much enthusiasm.  My only question is my loom is a 26″ Baby Wolf.  Is my loom wide enough to do all these samples and the variations?

Sandra
                                                              Keymaster

You should be fine, Neva!  If you find that when you open up your sett to weave a shawl, or ….. that you have expanded your warp too much, you can always adjust your warp by removing a block of warp threads.  You are about to depart on an amazing ride – buckle up 😁

Neva Thiessen
                                                              Participant

Thanks; I’m looking forward to it!

Lynn Shiner
                                                                Participant

This intro has me drooling over the gorgeous colors and yarns and patterns and fabric structures!  My loom isn’t here yet, and won’t be for another couple of months, so no rush- but will be able to still purchase the kits for this season? I don’t see them in the online shop atm

Virginia Denny
                                                                  Participant

I’m so excited!  I binge watched Season 1 by the fire over the past two weeks.  It motivated me to clean my looms and reorganize my equipment and yarns that have been sadly ignored since our move two years ago.  I finally understand why I should have a raddle in my life and I feel I have a much better understanding of the basics, even after eight years of weaving on weekends (mostly on a rigid heddle).

Now, I’m hoping the delivery person, bearing 8/2 yarn from JST, can make it up our icy hill on our little farm in Kentucky so I can get started on this first sample. The colors are perfect and I absolutely can’t wait!

I can’t thank you enough, Jane and team, for reinvigorating my love of weaving!

Jen

Sandra
                                                                    Keymaster

We’re looking forward to seeing pictures of your projects flying off your loom. Welcome back to weaving, Virginia!

Nancy Johnson
                                                                      Participant

Is there a lesson in the future which requires 8 shafts, and when? I have a Baby Wolf 4-now 4-later, and wondering when I need the 4-later.. thanks!
                                                                        Nancy

• #197877
                                                                          Sandra
                                                                          Keymaster

I can’t say for sure, because I’m not Jane – but I believe most of our weaving will be on 4 shafts in Season 6.  There is soooo much more that we can still do with 4 shafts!

Viewing 21 reply threads
                                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.