The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

Forums Weaving Discussion Online Guild Discussion Season 2 – Colour & Design The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Betty.allen
      Participant

I don’t know if I’m more excited to learn how to post a photo or be finished with my 8 yard warp.  Actually the phot upload is incredibly easy!  I wove 4 towels, changed the warp thread color in two, removed the red thread and replaced with blue, changed reed From 12 dent to 10 dent and used reed substitution for an 8 dent.  I wanted a wider width for a baby blanket and throw.  I wove a small blanket using a cotton thick/thin  (slub type)yarn I had in my stash.  I loved that yarn but have no idea where it is sold.  I got it with misc yarn when I bought my loom.  The larger throw I totally experimented.  I wanted to use wool.  I tried some alpa (very thin), Shetland, some single ply wool in stash,and a little cotton.  As I started I knew some wouldn’t work out but I also knew I wanted to continue with a throw so  after I wove a few sampling bands, I wove the center  section with the single ply wool in 1 1/2 increments the  3 pics of blue and white alpaca wound together on then bobbin, in an attempt to make sense of the colors used on the ends.   AND then there is the towel that has an area  miswoven.  I have no idea how to fix it. I didn’t wash it hoping for advice. It’s not really a float but looks like I stepped on a twill treadle.  And it appears to be two rows and not all the way accross😳  I learned so much and am so grateful for the online guild.

DFA53773-3406-46CA-9AEA-0E06290862328A0CE6F2-9B6A-4BB0-9D25-78C92BF74A347FF4DA86-7BC1-4A0C-B266-45A2512D5DF93F723F46-3146-4CA8-8BC3-BA30CFF9F3D557299AEB-BB75-4491-A676-7A0ED74E71EE

Ginette
        Keymaster

Wow, everything looks so great, the towels, so colourful and how you used the red!  Just love your blankets.  You can probably fix that one towel by following the plain weave pattern with your needle the same way you would a float then cut those misbehaving threads out 😉   Looking so great!

Betty.allen
          Participant

Hi Ginette, thanks for your encouraging words.  I think I fixed the weaving error.  It  doesn’t look great but hopefully “it will all come out in the wash”  AE3A77B8-22FD-41C7-B59B-D00F55A790D7

Ginette
              Keymaster

Looks pretty darn good to me!

Viewing 2 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.