"The Big Book of Weaving" Questions

Weaving Supplies, Yarn & Looms Canada Forums Weaving Discussion "The Big Book of Weaving" Questions

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Melissa Bishop 3 weeks, 4 days ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Melissa Bishop
    Participant
    • Topics: 3
    • Replies: 5
    • Totals: 8
    • Weaving wizard

Yes, I have that book. Thank you. But it is mostly technique and not many patterns.

sjostedt
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 2
    • Totals: 3
    • Weaving weeble

There is a book entitled Krokbragd: How to Design and Weave, by Debby Greenlaw. It can be purchased through the Vavstuga online store.

Sandra
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 26
    • Replies: 413
    • Totals: 439
    • Weaving wonder

No, I don’t know of any, unfortunately.  There doesn’t seem to have been a lot published in English on that particular style of Swedish weaving. Maybe someone else has come across a book on Krokbragd patterns.

Happy hunting!

Melissa Bishop
    Participant
    • Weaving wizard

Thank you so much.

My main focus of wanting this book is because I’m looking for Krokbragd patterns. I have Debby Greenlaw’s Krokbragd book but again, like “The Big Book of Weaving” it is mostly technique and not many patterns.

I wholeheartedly agree that this guild has taught me more in the week I’ve belonged than in the many many months I’ve been researching weaving. I had wanted a loom for 30+ years and this July I got my first loom. I have 3 now, my favorite being my 4 shaft jack loom.

Do you know of any books or resources for Krokbragd patterns?

Thanks again!

Sandra
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 26
    • Replies: 413
    • Totals: 439
    • Weaving wonder

Hi Melissa – I’m a confirmed bookaholic!  I just went and got out my copy of The Big Book of Weaving down from the shelf.  It does only describe two types of looms in the book – countermarch and counterbalance.  However, it is packed full of “how to” information that you already have access to through the Online Guild.  At least half of the book is information on how to wind a warp, dress a loom, describing weaving equipment and weaving sample projects to learn a technique!  Sound familiar 😉?  You have learned all that on the JST Online Guild.  If you have access to a library, I’d borrow the book – or just go in and look at it.  I think you are already learning this and more by watching and listening to Jane.  JMHO

Melissa Bishop
    Participant
    • Weaving wizard

I am very interested in buying this book: https://amzn.to/2Qio6JU  But I can’t find any reviews about whether it has patterns mostly for 4 shaft looms. One review said it was for Counterbalance or Countermarche looms and the warps were for those looms. I have a Schacht Baby Wolf jack loom so will I be able to use this book? Does the book include instructions on how to convert the patterns for use on a 4 shaft jack loom?

Thank you.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.