Season 2, Episode 5 – More on Fibonacci & the Parrot Sample

Weaving Supplies, Yarn & Looms Canada Forums Weaving Discussion Season 2, Episode 5 – More on Fibonacci & the Parrot Sample

This topic contains 56 replies, has 25 voices, and was last updated by  Ginette 2 weeks, 5 days ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 46 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • Author

Deborah Cannatella
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 11
    • Totals: 12
    • Weaving wonder

After I did the color sample for this project, I wove off two tea towels.  One I focused on gradation in the weft.  The other I used gradation and instead of using the blue I wanted to try my hand at clasped weft.  I loved it! I didn’t have any 16/2 but I did have a 10/2 in mercerized perle cotton in a chartreuse and a fluorescent orange..  I loved the colors added to this sample… but didn’t care for the slipperiness of the 10/2 merc cotton.  The selvedge was warped and undulating and the weave kept slipping if I gripped it in the wrong place.  I will definitely do this again, but will purchase some 16/2 in unmerc cotton to do this with. Of course, one can plainly see where I did 2 threads in two dents – an error in sleying the reed.JST Parrot Sample 2_edited-1JST Parrot Sample_edited-1

• This reply was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by  Deborah Cannatella.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by  Sandra.

Ellen Black
    Participant
    • Topics: 6
    • Replies: 126
    • Totals: 132
    • Weaving wonder

really like how you used the clasped weft.   I need to get this warped. and have some fun.

Ellen Black
    Participant
    • Weaving wonder

They look wonderful !

Ellen Black
    Participant
    • Weaving wonder

They look great!

Sandra
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 27
    • Replies: 435
    • Totals: 462
    • Weaving wonder

What fun you’ve had, Clare!

Clare
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 16
    • Totals: 16
    • Weaving wonder

Five towels on a 6-yard warp. I could weave this draft forever- tons of inspiration! I kept thinking of my childhood Parcheesi board game and did a clasped weft piece inspired by Piet Mondrian and his math-minded paintings.

IMG_5444

Mondrian

detail

Sandra
    Keymaster
    • Weaving wonder

Inspiring, Mary!  Have a great vacation and try not to miss your loom too much😉

mbartlo
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 13
    • Totals: 13
    • Weaving wonder

Here is my flock of parrot towels. Things got really fun at the end of the warp. I reconfigured the 130 ends of yellow into 3 sections of 30,80 and 20 ends give or take the ones I borrowed for dividers. Good enough to fool the eye into a Fibonacci series. I tried the clasp weft. Easier than I thought and discovered I liked the stripes that contained 2 picks per shed. It makes the stripes bolder. Now it’s time to head out the door on vacation. 692347C4-571E-4812-9BAD-BC92C496B1D66540FFDE-032D-4628-B52C-D0DFDE99B779

Ginette
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 11
    • Replies: 386
    • Totals: 397
    • Weaving wonder

They are beautiful Betty!  And that was fast weaving too 😉

Betty.allen
    Participant
    • Topics: 4
    • Replies: 46
    • Totals: 50
    • Weaving wonder

<span style=”-webkit-tap-highlight-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0);”>B0C254A0-202A-4318-A4BD-540CD3587D3CComplete.  I squeezed 5 towels out of 5 yard warp.  I loved this project.  I am learning so much and I can finally say my weaving is improving.  Not perfert just better.  I must say my navy zinger is twice as wide as it should be.  I just couldn’t figure out how to warp 3 picks.  I’m easily confused😩 In the middle top towel I squared my squares but reversed the color order.  It was all fun. Thanks Jane for sharing your talent.  </span>

Betty.allen
    Participant
    • Topics: 4
    • Replies: 46
    • Totals: 50
    • Weaving wonder

Such beautiful colors .  I just couldn’t wait to start this.  I’ve started watching  episodes from the beginning with each step.    It’s surprising the small things I missed the first viewing.  It’s always baby steps with me but with determination I’ll eventually get it right hopefully.  Such fun!  F1EA57AA-6185-4B44-885B-F764CF8A8692

Sandra
    Keymaster
    • Weaving wonder

Comments, questions, and anything else – this is the thread for the beautiful Parrot sample.

• This topic was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by  Sandra.
    • This topic was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by  Sandra.
    • This topic was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by  Sandra.
Viewing 12 posts - 46 through 57 (of 57 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.