Tell us what you think about Season 2: Episode 3 – Colour.. Colour.. more Colour

Weaving Supplies, Yarn & Looms Canada Forums Weaving Discussion Tell us what you think about Season 2: Episode 3 – Colour.. Colour.. more Colour

This topic contains 36 replies, has 24 voices, and was last updated by  Caroline 1 week, 2 days ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Author

Sandra
    Keymaster

Way to go, Cheryl!  😁

Cheryl
    Participant

IMG_2322

Watched Episode 3 and walked into the grocery store.

Wendy Knudson
    Participant

If I’m on my phone or iPad I tend to do screenshots of pictures I like. I know there’s a way to snip on a Macbook but I always have to look it up.

I find Pinterest has more variety than magazines. The photos of parrots and tropical fish have amazing colors!

Angela
    Participant

Hi Wendy,

Do you use the ‘snipping’ tool to cut out photos in eMagazines to save the photos or do you use a different tool?

edit: I just went to our public library digital magazine collection and tried snipping from the magazines and saved to a folder on my computer. Works great.

Thanks Angela

• This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by  Angela. Reason: add info

Inga
    Participant

Fantastic!!!!!!!!

I feel liberated in a way.  I was always agonizing about colours.  Should I, would I.  Dumb!  These are cotton towels – they can be any colour in any combination.  And what Jane says, make 70.  And this is fantastic idea.  First, I don’t have to think what to weave next, and once all are done, there should be no more questions of what colour go with what and in what proportion.  I have loads of colour pencils,  sketch books, and files of photographs.  I just needed a kick.

Thank a bunch Jane! You are so generous with sharing your knowledge. You are definitively one of the best teachers I’ve ever had chance to learn from (and I am not talking about weaving teachers only).

Cheers,

Inga

Wendy Knudson
    Participant

Amazing! And so easy! One thing I did last night was create a Pinterest board for my colour inspirations as I didn’t have any magazines in the house (I read them digitally these days). More selection this way too.  I have a high quality colour laser printer and can print out the ones I want to use.

Sandra
    Keymaster

Tell us about your explorations and inspirations with colour……………

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.