Tell us what you think about Season 2: Episode 3 – Colour.. Colour.. more Colour

Weaving Supplies, Yarn & Looms Canada Forums Weaving Discussion Tell us what you think about Season 2: Episode 3 – Colour.. Colour.. more Colour

This topic contains 38 replies, has 25 voices, and was last updated by  Sandra 2 weeks, 5 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • Author

Sandra
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 26
    • Replies: 413
    • Totals: 439
    • Weaving wonder

You’ll be fine and weaving your own creation!  Yours will be, and I quote Jane, “Not right and not wrong – just different”.  Enjoy the ride and post pictures so we can see what you’ve created.  😄

Judith
    Participant
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 11
    • Totals: 13
    • Weaving wonder

I am in the process of threading my loom for the color color and more color sample and I somehow have one section of the warp on backwards.  Not sure how I did that.  Clearly taking it from the warping mill to the loom I messed something up.  But I don’t want to try and take the whole warp off the beam, turn the one section it over and start again. I know that won’t end well!   But before I get it completely threaded – do you think it will still be ok in terms of learning the lesson? Thanks.

Caroline
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 18
    • Totals: 19
    • Weaving wonder

I used 12 epi for the shawl and the wool was very close to all the same size. There were different makes of yarn.  Some is very old, over 30 years, so I really would like to use it up.

Ginette
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 11
    • Replies: 378
    • Totals: 389
    • Weaving wonder

What a great idea Caroline to figure out what you’ll use! Love that you were able to use up your stash for that beautiful shawl. Did you mix different wool size yarns for the shawl? At 12 EPI  that would make it so drapy!

Caroline
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 18
    • Totals: 19
    • Weaving wonder

I found this really helpful. I used it to weave a shawl with a wool weft/cotton warp on the Parrot warp.  I wove the first Parrot sample then laid my colour wheel on top and surrounded it with my cotton bobbins and wools.  This was very effective and I was able to choose the colours that worked much more quickly.

Parrot #1

The shawl is at 12 epi and I am really pleased with the result.  I like the drape and feel.  Less woolly and lighter with the cotton warp.

Parrot #4

I’m going to do some more napkins. And … think about what kind of shawl I want to do as another project.

fudsy1
    Participant
    • Topics: 5
    • Replies: 25
    • Totals: 30
    • Weaving wonder

I spent the evening cutting out photos from magazines I collected at the library’s free table. Then today I took the time to clean my stash of 8/2 cotton organize them and  create my own color cards so I can see what I own. I do have the sample kits for the rest of season 2 but add them to my color cards as I open each kit.  thanks so much for the idea now I’m inspired to create something using everything learned from this episode

IMG_1720

margreth
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 2
    • Totals: 2
    • Weaving weeble

6AD5D1AA-5E73-4877-B8FB-4541757686FEHave seen all episodes now (love them all and learned a lot) and am very motivated to start warping. I decided to weave tea towels- found a picture I like and yarn from my stash. 0226BEBE-3D22-45A9-A1AC-48A2946B580A

• This reply was modified 11 months, 1 week ago by  margreth.

christin_ramey
    Participant
    • Replies: 3
    • Totals: 3
    • Weaving weeble

This is amazing!!  Love it 😍

Jean
    Participant
    • Replies: 30
    • Totals: 32
    • Weaving wonder

Thank you, Ellen. This was the inspiration :

20180503_222101

Ellen Black
    Participant
    • Topics: 6
    • Replies: 126
    • Totals: 132
    • Weaving wonder

I love your color choices ! Looks great

Jean
    Participant
    • Replies: 30
    • Totals: 32
    • Weaving wonder

I LOVE it!! That’s how I feel about it. SO much fun!!IMG_20180503_192646_232

Sandra
    Keymaster
    • Weaving wonder

It’s a PDF attached to the most recent episode – Season 2, Episode 5 – More on Fibonacci aka Parrot sample.  You’ll find it attached to the second video, Parrot at the Loom.  Have fun!

ingie
    Participant
    • Replies: 1
    • Totals: 1
    • Weaving weeble

Where is the pdf for the “peacock” towel?

Thanks.

Sandra
    Keymaster
    • Weaving wonder

Have you tried Pinterest?  I also enjoy National Geographic magazines, when I can get hold of them, as well as using photos I’ve taken to develop a colour way.  There are so many places to find inspiration, I look forward to seeing what others suggest.

Maureen Janda
    Participant
    • Topics: 16
    • Replies: 66
    • Totals: 82
    • Weaving wonder

I sat down with a stack of decorating magazines and flipped through looking for inspiration. No color! Everything was neutral white and shades of brown or grey. So disappointed! I’ll have to look online. Has anyone found a website with pictures/photos that inspire you?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.