Tell us what you think about Season 1: Episode 9: Weaving a Mohair Blankie

Weaving Supplies, Yarn & Looms Canada Forums Weaving Discussion Tell us what you think about Season 1: Episode 9: Weaving a Mohair Blankie

This topic contains 68 replies, has 28 voices, and was last updated by  Ginette 10 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 69 total)
  • Author

Ginette
    Keymaster

So lovely! I like all the colour ways you did on each scarf!

bellinca
    Participant

Finally going back to season 1 mohair. Made 4 scarves and was able to keep it under control with your ideas on warping and bobbin winding.   Very fun. Light, soft, snuggly. CC8D5E35-625A-4246-9328-6430AB7473499363F127-95FF-407E-A980-790EE69F64FEDFA5A288-0561-4C39-8D0D-DF3492E66A53

Jan Schumacher
    Participant

Thank you Jane for introducing me to the dummy/pseudo warp.  Brilliant!  I will definitely put this technique to use with the yarns in my stash that are intended for blankets …. 4 of them.  Thanks again.

Jane
    Keymaster

Hi Freda,

I have never had the guts to try it 🙂

But…that doesn’t mean it isn’t possible.  There are so many things I haven’t tried.

Why don’t you give it a whirl on a narrow warp say 10” wide.  You’ll know after that and if you do try, please let us know how it went 🙂

Sorry I can’t be help.

Cheers,

jane

Freda
    Participant

Hi

I have a 36 inch loom.  Would it be possible to do a plain double weave using mohair?  If I tied on to a dummy warp and lifted the harnesses independently as you described?  Or do you think I am asking for trouble?

I enjoyed watching this video.  Very informative.

Thanks

Freda

Ghislaine
    Participant

Thanks a lot for your nice words.

Lori
    Participant

Wow!  Just WOW!  Gorgeous blanket and scarf!!

Jane
    Keymaster

You mohair kids are making me so happy.  Fabulous job Ghislaine.  Spread the word…weaving with mohair is easy 🙂

Ginette
    Keymaster

It’s beautiful!

Ellen
    Participant

Beautiful!! Good Job:)

Sandra
    Keymaster

Wow, Ghislaine!  Take a 🙇‍♀️, it’s beautiful and I really 💜 your colours and design.  👏👏👍

Ghislaine
    Participant

Here is my shetland/mohair blanket, I am very proud to show it. This blanket is for me and so is the scarf done with left over wool from the blanket.FullSizeRender.jpg1FullSizeRender.jpg2FullSizeRender.jpg3

I did not have any problems. Thank you Jane for your great help with your online episodes.

Kathy
    Participant

Wow, beautiful! Great colors!

Jane
    Keymaster

Oh my, oh my, oh my.

It is fabulous.  Gigantic high five 🙂

Jane
    Keymaster

Oh my, oh my, oh my.

It is fabulous.  Gigantic high five 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 69 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.