Tell us what you think about Episode 10: Finishing off the year with FINISHING

Forums Weaving Discussion Online Guild Discussion Season 1 – Foundation Tell us what you think about Episode 10: Finishing off the year with FINISHING

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Sandra
      Keymaster

What a fabulous year, we’ve learned so much and now we know how to take our cloth through the last final steps to make it perfect.  Any thoughts about what you’ve learned about finishing?

Gabriele
        Participant

I learned again I need many more time for weaving ((-: and maybe another washing mashine ((-: But I am so happy with this year with Jane by my side at the loom. I finished 15 weaving projects one baby blanket and 14 scarves/shawls. Hope there will be one or two more till chrismas and can’t wait for the first episode und the second guild year. Maybe  we will get some more information about the upcomming episodes and their termines

So  I wish the whole guildteam and Jane the best for the coming winter time with chrismas and a good start in the new year.

Nina Kennedy
          Participant

I have learned so much this year! Your videos are so instructive and you have such a charming teaching manner that they are fun to watch too. I am looking forward to next year’s classes!

I have 2 questions…

I just LOVE that beautiful collapse scarf that you showed us in episode 10. It has gone on my list of future projects. I always seem to have a problem deciding how long to make a scarf – it’s either too long or too short. Your scarf’s length seems just right. Can you tell me how long you made it?

Is there any chance you can change the color of the heading topics in the online forum. My “older” eyes have a hard time seeing that light pink color, even with my glasses.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 5 months ago by Nina Kennedy.
            • This reply was modified 6 years, 5 months ago by Nina Kennedy.
              Jane Stafford
              Participant

In general I weave my scarves 2 yds long plus the fringe.  The rouched scarf was woven longer because it shrinks up so much.  I will see if we can change the colours.  Thanks for your input Nina.  I forgot that we were supposed to post that pattern and we will get that added to the pdfs, hopefully today.

Nina Kennedy
                  Participant

Thank you for your reply about the length of the scarves you weave and thank you for posting the pattern for the collapsible scarf in the pdfs for episode 10!

Nina Kennedy
                Participant

I would like to make the collapsible scarf featured in episode 10. I printed the pdf directions and am wondering what type of silk should be used with the Zepher. Is it the 30/2 Bombyx silk or the 20/2 Tussah silk?

Nina Kennedy

Nina Kennedy
                    Participant

Oops – just re-read the instructions and I see that it is 2/30 silk>

Geraldine
                    Participant

Thanks for a great series of videos I have learnt a tremendous amount. As a uk resident where front loading washing machines are the norm, I was wondering if you could remember the make of front loader you used. I need a new machine and it might help with where to start my search. Thanks Geri

Maggie
                      Participant

I have really enjoyed all the episodes. Lots of tips and things to try which I haven’t thought of before! I loved watching Jane full a large blanket in her washing machine in episode 10, however, here in the UK top loaders aren’t the norm and everyone I know has a front loader, as I do. So, I am wondering how on earth I would be able to full such a large project. I am disabled and my hands aren’t very strong so fulling by hand is going to be quite a task. It would be no good getting hubby to help, he is so heavy handed it would be felted in one minute!!! I would only be able to manage about 35″ width as I have a David 2 which I love, love, love. How much is mohair likely to shrink?

Maggie

Jane
                          Keymaster

Hi Maggie,

I did talk about front loaders a bit.  I tested a sample piece out in a friends front loader and it worked perfectly, you just have to go slow.  Remember you can always full a second time you just can’t reverse the process.  Try it on the shortest time period first and maybe do a little sampling.

Cheers,

Jane

Viewing 5 reply threads
                      • The forum ‘Season 1 – Foundation’ is closed to new topics and replies.