Tea towels and hem stitching

Weaving Supplies, Yarn & Looms Canada Forums Weaving Discussion Tea towels and hem stitching

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Christina 4 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Christina
    Participant
    • Topics: 6
    • Replies: 11
    • Totals: 17
    • Weaving wonder

Thank you- that makes sense!

Sandra
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 27
    • Replies: 432
    • Totals: 459
    • Weaving wonder

If you are planning to machine or hand sew hems onto the top and bottom of each towel, then you don’t have to hemstitch. You can to weave a bit extra in PW for a hem. I usually weave about 1″ each end and then weave about 3 picks of a heavier yarn that I use as a cutting line, if I’m weaving a number of items before I cut any off the loom. Hemstitching done at the loom is usually for samples, scarves or other items where you might want a fringe.

Christina
    Participant
    • Topics: 6
    • Replies: 11
    • Totals: 17
    • Weaving wonder

Yup, me again ☺️

Just watched the epsiode in Season 1 on hem stitching- super awesome and so easy it o understand! My question is:

when I weave multiple tea towels per warp, do i hem stitch in between each towel (woven towel, hem stitch, 2 picks of heavy yarn as separator, hem stitch, woven towel #2 and so on)? Or do i only hem stitch at the beginning of weaving and then again when ready to take the whole piece of fabric off the loom?

thank you 😍😍😍

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.