Tea Towel Time with Jane

Forums Weaving Discussion Tea Towel Time with Jane

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Joy Sceviour
      Participant

Jane —

I am trying to create these tea towels on my 4-shaft loom.  Plain weave is not a problem at all.  I have been reviewing the episodes with drafts and trying to figure out if all 12 towels can be created with the same heddle threading.  I’m having a bit of a struggle with it.  Can you help me by giving me a few clues as to where I might look for the tie-ups and treadlings for Towel # 11 and #12, for instance.  With 468 warp threads, I sure would love to be able to weave these designs without having to change the heddle threading.  I don’t mind changing the tie-ups at all.  Thanks in advance for your patience and help.

Joy

Sandra
        Keymaster

You don’t have to change the threading for the last two towels – you just change the tie-up.  The tie-up for Turned Twill is on the bottom of page 2 of your pattern sheets.  Have fun!

Joy Sceviour
          Participant

Sandra, I checked out page 2 at the bottom, and it is for an 8-shaft loom.  Mine is a 4-shaft.  HELP!

Sandra
              Keymaster

Sorry Joy – Jane added the Turned Twill for those weavers who have 8 shaft looms.  It can’t be done on a 4 shaft.

Viewing 2 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.