Sticking shafts

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      sylvia.lowry
      Participant

Dear Jane,
        I have a problem with shafts not dropping after being raised. What causes this and what is the remedy? I have been weaving for some time and I continue to learn something new after each new episode.
        Thank you.
        Sylvia

Sandra
        Keymaster

Hi Sylvia, it would help if we knew what loom you use and how many harnesses it has.

sylvia.lowry
          Participant

Hi Sandra,
            My loom is an 8 shaft Leclerc Compact. This problem doesn’t occur with every project but it has happened enough times to make it annoying as well as time consuming. I don’t know if it’s the point twill threading, the tromp as writ treadling, the tie up or none of the above.
            Because I’m a little old lady and can’t get under the loom any more, I installed a cord for every shaft on every treadle so that I’m ready for any tie up. To tie up, I close the loom – with a little help from my daughter, and I sit on a low stool to tie up the treadles. Works great for me!
            Sylvia

Sandra
            Keymaster

Hi Sylvia, have you checked that your warp threads are all going in a “clean” line from the back beam, through the heddles, dents and onto the cloth beam.  I know sometimes a wandering warp thread has caused me to scratch my head 😉

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.