Sometimes the obvious eludes me….

Forums Weaving Discussion Online Guild Discussion Season 1 – Foundation Sometimes the obvious eludes me….

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Ed Chapman
      Participant

I am currently threading a Harrisville Shetland warp on my Spring. I carefully calculated the widest warp my raddle and harnesses could handle- 35 inches. After solving the problem presented by a tartan pattern proportions, finding 38″ wide paper for the back beam, and contemplating the removal of extra heddles-since there will be little room at either end for them, I read in this month’s Hand-woven Magazine that one can distribute unused heddles between the used ones as you thread….. Duh! I never even considered this. It saved me the aggravation of having to remove and later replace heddles.

Jane
        Keymaster

Oh Ed, it happens to the best of us….I don’t know how many times I have said that in my life.

We call that heddle burying in our studio 🙂

Ed Chapman
          Participant

Thanks Jane…. Now have you ever untied your cross strings before realizing you had not yet inserted your lease sticks? That was last weekend.

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • The forum ‘Season 1 – Foundation’ is closed to new topics and replies.