Silk and Merino Scarves

Forums Weaving Discussion Silk and Merino Scarves

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Nina Kennedy
      Participant

I tried to use the Online Guild index this morning but it doesn’t seem to be working so I am posting my question in the Forum. I ordered the Silk and Merino scarf kit in the Melting Ice colorway and received it a couple of weeks ago. The yarn is beautiful and I am eager to start warping it. I am pretty sure Jane showed the completed scarf in one of the guild episodes (although I am not absolutely sure).  Did she show it in one of the episodes and, if so, which one?

Jacqueline
        Participant

I think what you are looking for is episode 4.5.1 around the 3 minute mark. Beautiful!

Nina Kennedy
          Participant

Yes – that’s it! I kept looking through the different episodes and couldn’t find it (obviously did not check that episode). I knew when I first saw it that I HAD to try weaving that scarf!

Susan Jaken
            Participant

How do you finish this scarf?  It must be different from the collapsing weave scarves which also use merino and silk?

Sandra
              Keymaster

All you need to do is soak and gently “swish” in warm water with a wee bit of soap.  I often wrap scarves in a bath towel to absorb the rinse water instead of wringing it out before I hang it to dry.

Added:  Only swish enough to make sure your scarf is fully covered, and let it soak.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 1 day ago by Sandra. Reason: changing the wording
                Ed Chapman
                Participant

I tried a merino/tencel blend called “Colrain Lace” recently and, well, the tencel did not stabilize the merino as much as I hoped and it fulled quickly and dramatically!

Sandra
                    Keymaster

I’ve had Zephyr and silk over full too quickly as well – a sad and expensive lesson!  It can change very quickly once it starts!!  Slow but gentle wins this race with the fabric 😉

Viewing 5 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.