Shadow weave question

Forums Weaving Discussion Shadow weave question

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Sony Baron
      Participant

Hi, I got myself all turned around with this part. Without meaning to I think I did this hybrid of undulating twill and extended point twill. I ran out of warp at this point, so I didn’t try anything more. If I want to weave shadow undulating twill, I need to only go forward and not turn around at the 4 and go backwards, right? I hope I am making sense 🙂 B825B21E-2684-4533-856E-6CABCB94CB0A

Sandra
        Keymaster

Have you gone back and looked at Episode 8, videos 4 & 5?  I, personally haven’t woven a project in Shadow Weave but I went back and looked at Jane at the loom where she explains the reasoning behind the turns.  If you have rewatched the videos – with your question in mind – and it still doesn’t make sense, let me know and I’ll find the answer for you.

Sony Baron
          Participant

Hi Sandra, Thank you for your response. I have watched the episode a few times, and I think I understand the turns.  I believe my mistake is in thinking there was a turn, while in fact there was no turn in the undulating twill. I think that was my mistake, which  I wanted to confirm. So that’s OK if you don’t have an answer. I will just have to try it another time and see what happens when I change my treadling. Thank you! 🙂

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • The forum ‘Weaving Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.