Season 4 Twills

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      D B F
      Participant

Jane, we have so enjoyed your first three seasons and have been able to adapt all your samples to our beloved old Leclerc 4 harness – 6 treadle loom.   Will we be able to do Season 4 Twill samples on our 4 harness – 6 treadle loom?  We are concerned the twills you cover may require more treadles.  Please tell us we do not need to buy a new loom!!!!

And, thank you for the fantastic service when we have ordered yarn.  Your packaging and shipping service is indeed unparalleled and superb.

Ginette
        Keymaster

Hi DB,

You’ll be just fine with 4 harnesses and 6 treadles for Twills on 4!  It’s super exciting 🙂

And thank you kindly for the lovely comment on JST packaging & shipping service!

D B F
            Participant

Thank you Ginette.  That is great to know!  We are anxiously awaiting the coming season!

fudsy1
            Participant

I’ve been looking around for the start date of Season 4  can someone say please

Ginette
                Keymaster

Hi fudsy1,

The release dates are posted right here https://janestaffordtextiles.com/online-guild/ with the first episode airing January 16th.

fudsy1
                    Participant

thank you, I knew it had to be someplace simple.   I was trying to decide if I can get a project done and still be ready for the first lesson

Ed Chapman
                  Participant

I am deeply fond of twills and am currently working with 2/18 fine merino making shawls and scarves. I thank Jane for teaching me how to avoid weaving a piece of cardboard! To me it was counter-intuitive to leave “negative space” for fulling. It just seemed so weak on the loom. My pieces now have glorious movement and drape after wet-finishing and I have Jane to thank for my confidence. I look forward to learning so much when the next season comes out.

Viewing 3 reply threads
                • The forum ‘Season 4 – Twills on Four Weaving Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.