Season 3 – Episode 9 – Plain Weave with Supplementary Warp & Weft

Weaving Supplies, Yarn & Looms Canada Forums Weaving Discussion Season 3 – Episode 9 – Plain Weave with Supplementary Warp & Weft

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  taty.lauwers 5 days, 19 hours ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

taty.lauwers
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 15
    • Totals: 15
    • Weaving wonder

Since trouble with pdf notes, here they are in jpg format. Any remarks welcome, in case I misunderstood parts of this episode.

jst supplemental 3 9 lauwers notes

taty.lauwers
    Participant
    • Weaving wonder

Sorry for previous question, I think I understood right in the end, only the words changed from one pdf to the other. It is clear now.

I will use this structure to enhance my home spun silk thread in multicolour sequences. I never know which structure will show them to their best.  I think this could be the one.

I am developping my own draft based on Jane’s explanations in this episode. Just to check that I understood it right. A made quick draft on screen in Indesign (can not use fiberworks software for supplemental threads, I am afraid), real weaving will be last.

This  a link to my notes, in pdf format (wrote them in English for you to grasp it, but am French-speaking – notes without which this image does not make sense, please copy/paste since  url link is not working due to spaces : aufildelautre.fr/jst supplemental 3 9 lauwers draftP2.pdf

Here is a screen copy of the drawn project :

jst supplemental 3 9 lauwers draft

• This reply was modified 5 days, 19 hours ago by  taty.lauwers.
    • This reply was modified 5 days, 19 hours ago by  taty.lauwers.

taty.lauwers
    Participant
    • Weaving wonder

Exponential love – I love, love the idea of so many graphic effects with “plain” plain-weave.What a nice surprise each month to receive a mail with a new episode. Thrilled.

I also like the insert with pictures of repeats at the end of the pdf: very helpful!

I know we are supposed to be focused while watching the video, but I cannot see in the pdf what exactly is the “ups” and “downs” – I use a Jane by Louet: I guess “up” is 234/134 and “down” is 1/2? I have not practised former lesson yet, I am afraid, so I can only imagine the effect. Will be much clearer when I practice, I am sure. Jane is fun to listen to, she is very clear but for the life of me I cannot remember anything but the written word. Therefore my focus on the pdf…

BTW, could we replace your 12 gauge bambu with 16-2 cotton (Venne)? They are approx. the same density, aren’t they?

Sandra
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 26
    • Replies: 413
    • Totals: 439
    • Weaving wonder

Jane is throwing another layer of “spice” onto our warps.  Keep us posted on what fun you have with your Supplementary Warp AND Weft!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.