Season 3: Episode 6 – Simple Collapse Weave

Weaving Supplies, Yarn & Looms Canada Forums Weaving Discussion Season 3: Episode 6 – Simple Collapse Weave

This topic contains 12 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Sandra 6 days, 9 hours ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Sandra
    Keymaster

You’re right, Sue. Mainly because you’ll want the interest of different colours to play with when you design your warp! Depending on your loom you will be loosing some warp in loom waste that isn’t shared by two scarves.

Sue
    Participant

Hi, I know I will only have time for one scarf and a sample but looking at the kits I presume half of each skein of silk and merino is used for each scarf. So I therefore need the whole yarn allowance even if I can only weave one scarf. Am I right?Thanks for helping.

Betty.allen
    Participant

Guess I had a duh moment.  I thought to look at the charts Jane gave us.  It looks like one of the silks is 18/2 and one if I wrapped correctly is about 26/2,  It’s great to have the charts if I can just remember to refer to them.

Betty.allen
    Participant

I hope this is the correct place to ask this question.  I have some silk but I’m not sure the size.  Neither has a size on the cone.  One is similar to Jane’s 20/2 on her sample card.  Maybe a tad bigger.  The only information I have is 100 grams/1,000 yards.  The other is 20/2 according to the website I purchased from but is it actually a tad smaller than Jane’s  30/2.  So I’m confused.  Can I wrap a ruler and determine the correct size?  How many Wpi for 20/2 and 30/2?

Beth Napper
    Participant

I love the asymetrical bamboo and merino scarf. All my stash of bamboo is 7 gauge though and I also have Harrisville Shetland not merino. Would I still get the same collapsing if I used these 2 weights together? Perhaps bamboo at 12 epi and HS at 6 epi? Anyone tried this before? (I know, I know. Sample, sample!) I would be interested in any comments.

Nina Kennedy
    Participant

Never mind – I found the list. I had never noticed it before. Thank you for sending me the link though!

Nina Kennedy
    Participant

Thank you for the link to this list. I had not seen this page (Online Guild Season 3 Yarn List) before! Where is it in the categories on the website so I can find it again?

Sandra
    Keymaster

Hi Nina!  You can find the list of this year’s sample yarns under Online Guild Season 3 Yarn List.

Nina Kennedy
    Participant

Actually that brings up a question about the kits. I have been checking every so often to see what the yarn will be for the doubleweave episode coming next but have not seen anything about it – or any of the project yarns for episodes 7 and beyond. I’ve been thinking that I need to check my stash or order yarns for episode 7 but I don’t know what yarns will be used. If I am going to order the kits I’d like to order more than 1 at a time to save a little on postage to the US.

Please let me know if I am not checking the right place on the website – so far I have been clicking on “Online Guild” then “Buy Season 3 kits”.

jwhennessy
    Participant

Thanks Judy for the question. I was expecting double weave too.

Ginette
    Keymaster

Hi Judy,

Oh so sorry about that! The original order is Episode 6 – Simple Collapse Weave & Episode 7 – Double Weave. We’ll get that changed today on that page.

judy
    Participant

Thanks Sandra,

This looks great but I have the Harrisville yarn ready to go for the Double Weave Shawl listed on your site under the yarns for Episode 6. Has there been a change in the sample order?

Judy

Sandra
    Keymaster

A whole lot of fun weaving heading our way this month!  Let us see what you create “playing” with Collapse Weave.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.