Season 3: Episode 5 – Warp Faced

Weaving Supplies, Yarn & Looms Canada Forums Weaving Discussion Season 3: Episode 5 – Warp Faced

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Ginette 4 days, 7 hours ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Ginette
    Keymaster

Hi Maureen,

It’ll be fine to use 2/8 cotton doubled in the heddles. Do post a pic when it’s on the loom! By the way, great way to use up your stash!

Maureen Janda
    Participant

This project uses so little of the peacock and pale limette, just in the warp as far as I can see. Why can’t I ply together two strands of 8/2 in those colors and use that in the warp to save some money???

Ed Chapman
    Participant

Wow. Jane did not let me down. I have looked at warp-faced weaving in Handwoven Magazine patterns for a few years and, well, never wanted to do it. Today I want to rip the warp I have on my loom off and do warp face, like immediately. I am thinking already about how I can use it to clear out some extra cones of yarn and I am sure I will lay in bed tonight thinking about color pairings for the alternating warp threads. Pretty sure my family will be getting placemats for the holiday season 2019……

Thanks Jane!

Sandra
    Keymaster

Another adventure begins!  This month we’ll learn the basics of how to plan and weave Warp Faced fabric, and dip our toes into Repp Weave.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.