Season 2 samples

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Ila McCallum
      Participant

I just finished Season 2 and had so much fun weaving towels for our guild sale–27 of them!  I took them in to the guild to ready them for the sale in October and one has already been placed on hold.  Everyone loved them.  The picture shows the samples I saved for myself (my studio helper Hamilton had to get in the picture).

I have taken many color classes but this series of classes really opened my mind to mixing colors and how color and weave can help a design–this will carry over into my tapestry as well. Thank you!

IMG_1777 Samples

Ginette
        Keymaster

That’s a great amount of towels from doing the Season 2 episodes! Glad you’re keeping one of each for yourself, they will come in handy when you want to refer to each sample and I think Hamilton loves them!

Maureen Janda
          Participant

I have enjoyed all the classes, but the color ones were the most fun and eye-opening to me. Maybe some day Jane will do another color season or at least a few lessons.

lesliemartens2
            Participant

A tale of 2 samples from season 2!  The top is my sample for “Parrot”.  The bottom is me running with both “same same” and cramming and denting.  Both are the identical warp, 2/8 cotton, 400 threads, 18epi as per instructions for the first, 32epi, 16epi and 8epi for the second. The math for the second sample was a killer as I tried to get the sections all nice and lined up by both colour and epi, but it made for an interesting cloth.  I’m a little worried about the stability of the crammed and dented cloth, but have decided to go ahead and weave in that style for the rest of the warp to create a big shawl, with the sample pattern on either end.

06D13EE5-676D-41DE-8EAA-6A3B3DC6DF82D369FCED-3480-4C31-9C4F-64AF0D23BAB9

Sandra
                Keymaster

Brilliant, Leslie!  Look forward to seeing a photo of your finished shawl.

lesliemartens2
                    Participant

EF5C7E2C-DF64-4A6E-9020-A41BEF91D1AF

Sandra
                        Keymaster

It’s beautiful Leslie and it looks stunning on you!  You must be so pleased with the way it turned out.  Thank you for sharing 🙂

Ginny
                    Participant

4FC9C489-C6EF-4026-8802-E025071A95B6I learned so much from this sample! I had fun watching the patterns unfold and gained confidence in my warping and weaving.
                      Can’t wait for the next sample.
                      Ginny

Viewing 4 reply threads
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.