Season 2: Episode 8 – Muted Colour Gamp on Natural Ground

Forums Weaving Discussion Online Guild Discussion Season 2 – Colour & Design Season 2: Episode 8 – Muted Colour Gamp on Natural Ground

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author
      Sandra
      Keymaster

Our first colour gamp!  This is the spot to show us what colour combinations have exploded on your loom and surprised you.  The colour creations are endless – have fun and please share.

carol1855wlr
        Participant

Stayed up late last night watching and finished watching this morning.  I was so excited to see this; can’t wait to get started, but it will be a while as I still have a lot of weaving to finish first!  Fantastic job Jane, very engrossing!

Sue
          Participant

I haven’t yet received this episode.  Got the notification on Tuesday that it would be out Thursday but sadly nothing has yet arrived.  I watch all the episodes on my iPad and haven’t had any problems up to now in receiving Jane’s emails.  Hope I’m just being impatient.

Sandra
            Keymaster

Hi Sue, I watch it on my iPad as well and it’s showing up on mine, as the newest episode on the Episode page.  If you still can’t find the new one – are all the others there and it’s just the new one you are missing?

Sandra
              Keymaster

Sue – Ginette just pointed out to me that you might have been looking to access the latest episode through your email yesterday on Tuesday.  The episode didn’t go live until yesterday.  Here is the link to the Online Guild Episode page, hopefully you can access Episode 8 there.  Let us know if you still have problems.

Sue
                Participant

Thanks for the link Sandra. Should have thought of doing that myself. I clearly wasn’t thinking. I’ve just got so used to the whole thing coming via an email rather than just a notification of arrival . It’s there in all it’s glory. I’m sure I shall love it.  Thanks again.

Ed Chapman
                  Participant

FINALLY got my loom free for the muted color gamp warp and it is truly fun to weave. I’ve been kinda insane about complex threadings and overshot, so it was nice to relax and work on my fundamentals like ppi, selvedges, and smooth transitions from color to color. Its so much fun to weave that I just forgot the natural stripe and wove and entire stripe that had to be unwoven…. Anyhow- it is truly wondrous to watch the color interactions, and see two supposedly enemy colors play so nice together. Jane’s genius! Note: I chose colors based solely on odds and ends I had in a bag of bobbins, and I am technically red/green colorblind, so no digs please.

IMG_8903

Sandra
                    Keymaster

Stunning, Ed!  Can’t wait to get there – running behind on my samples 🐢

Clare
                      Participant

Playing with transparencies, repetitive sequencing and just plain having fun. I did five towels and with the last one I was just getting started! What a beautiful warp- thanks, Jane,  for the wonderful design tool we all now possess.

IMG_1469IMG_1500IMG_1489

Betty.allen
                          Participant

Clare, they look beautiful.  I especially love the top one.

Clare
                              Participant

Thank you Betsy- very kind of you to say so!

Ellen Black
                              Participant

Beautiful !

Carrie
                              Participant

Clare, those are all beautiful!

Ed Chapman
                                Participant

Finished and ready for holidays. I really enjoyed this project.

IMG_4091

Carrie
                                  Participant

E90841EB-7A3D-44C3-A430-2E6E17D9386B97AC6F7C-F1D0-4BE3-8174-60DE60D0E9FF

I love this scarf!  I wove it with the Jagger Merino as Jane suggested.  I felted it and it went from 26” wide to 18” wide and resulted in a beautiful fabric.  I also did 2 samples at 18 epi – one as per pattern, second with natural Boucle stripes.  I did 2 large Boucle towels with the 12 epi warp.  Finally, I just used up the end of my warp with yellow 2/8 cotton – nice colours.

Ginette
                                      Keymaster

Beautiful scarf Carrie.  Such a difference in the pattern size with the boucle and opened up.  Very nice

Michelle Simon
                                      Participant

I love these colors!  Took me three days to weave on new Glimakra Standard loom……muted color gamp

The piece to the far left has areas that remind me of sunrise/sunset/ocean/dusk!

Sandra
                                        Keymaster

Fantastic array of muted colours, Michelle!

Joan
                                          Participant

Finally off the loom. A group of us shared a warp and this one ended up with “extra” at the end. I left it at 18 epi and wove off in a fibonacci sequence (1-1-2-3) with each block containing either no stripes or subtle shading using stripes. Weft colors are natural and old gold that nearly matched the warp gold. Opening the warp just a touch would have given it better drape, but it still feels good and works. A4B05A43-DFA7-476F-B258-3721E23E2408F4CD626A-DDB0-4C67-B6BD-78FA8217344D

Betty.allen
                                            Participant

E8E5D268-8D8F-42F5-8612-90C5CB7E899EI  made a New Years resolution to use up a lot of my yarn I had randomly purchased. I had several cones of yarn I purchased from individuals and didn’t really like the colors on their own but decided to use them all for towels.  Between each solid color stripe I alternated every other thread with the next color coming up.   I used up two cones and put a huge dent in the other three  I had some warp left after 4 towels and resleyed the reed down to 10” for a couple of placemats. I’m pleased with the results and it was great fun!!!  The placemats went so fast and now I want to make more😊  I have a question about the yarn  it was all 8/2 and not like Jane’s 8/2 but had sort of a rough finish.  Maybe a homespun look?  No information in cone except 8/2 cotton  anyone have any ideas what type of yarn it is?

Viewing 15 reply threads
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.