Season 2: Episode 9 – Basket Weaving

Forums Weaving Discussion Online Guild Discussion Season 2 – Colour & Design Season 2: Episode 9 – Basket Weaving

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Sandra
      Keymaster

Try your hand at basket weaving with a garlic basket or a Christmas Star!  Post your comments and photos here.

Jacqueline
        Participant

Joan’s work on her website is simply stunning and I feel honoured that she is sharing her knowledge here with us! I will definitely be getting the kit with my next fall order!

Barbara
          Participant

basket

Ginette
              Keymaster

It’s lovely Barbara!  These are such great baskets to make

Ellen Black
                Participant

Great basket !    I

Barbara
                Participant

My first basket.  It was so much fun to do and it was so easy to follow along with the guild video.  I loved it.

Karen
                  Participant

My First Basket

This is my first time basket weaving. What fun! I love my first basket. But I had to stop working on the second basket as the spokes are falling apart. One got mushy and dissolved and now another is getting limp when I spray my work.  I don’t know why, as the first set were wonderful. The naughty spokes do measure smaller than the first set of spokes on my needle gauge.  I will resume with my third set, which measures same as first set.

Ginette
                      Keymaster

That’s an adorable garlic basket!  What I found working with spokes, if I held them too tightly, they would start getting mushy on me.  Not sure if this is causing the problem for you as well but I tend to hold tighter more often than I should when I’m trying to make them go in the direction I want 😉 When you’re done your 3rd one, there may be a piece left over that’s long enough that you can use to replace that naughty spoke.

Wendy Knudson
                      Participant

Here’s my first attempt!128FC6C5-2247-4C0D-98B9-FFC733BC7144

Karen
                          Participant

I love it!

Karen
                          Participant

I was able to create three distinct styles with this kit. My Garlic Basket, A tall Vase Holder basket and the adorable wall hanging basket (my Shallot Basket). I just made up the little hanger for the Shallot Basket. I think I need some more reed to play with!  Oh, and the left over reed bits (thrums) are doing double duty in my essential oil air freshener.

I am so happy with my first lesson in basket weaving!  Joan is a wonderful teacher and this is a great project for a newbie. Thanks, Jane, for mixing things up a bit and reminding us how versatile and useful weaving art is.

BasketWeaving beta

Ginette
                              Keymaster

Hi knealkc & Wendy,

Both of you, your baskets are wonderful!  It’s making me thing I should weave a few for the holidays coming up! I agree, Joan is a wonderful teacher.  I’ve had the pleasure of learning from her in person and now on video and she’s amazing!

Sharon
                                  Participant

2FDC79CE-869B-4C14-8656-1FD7776A3544Had so much fun making these I forgot to weave on my loom this week…oops!!

Viewing 6 reply threads
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.