September 2, 2018 at 5:24 am #47912
Your colors are so happy!
September 2, 2018 at 5:20 am #47911
- This reply was modified 1 year ago by Ellen Black. Reason: Typo
They look wonderful!!!September 1, 2018 at 5:54 am #47895
I thank the person who told me to double the red threads of 8/2 while using the Boucle in the weft with the other colors… it worked and something new was learned on how to mix threads. All of these weave sessions are amazing. Fuzzy photo, and the EPI were changed in these tea towels from 18 epi to 12 epi. enjoyed it all.
.August 22, 2018 at 9:12 am #47641
Thank you. I’ve had a look at the blog and it was very helpful. For now I’m going to persevere and just weave as near to square as I can. Then I’ll sley again using cams instead of inches!August 21, 2018 at 7:56 am #47610
This is a good blog to to follow. I personally follow around 15 weaving blogs, to see what trends are around the world. A wealth of information out there. Before you re sley, try a sample with 2/16 cotton, the cloth will be finer but the warp stripes will be more prominent.August 21, 2018 at 2:05 am #47600
<span style=”-webkit-tap-highlight-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0);”>Using my Ashford table loom to try the asymmetry sample. I thought I had the sett at 18epi using a 12 dpi Reed, but when I checked, the sett is nearer 20epi. I checked the reed and discovered that it’s a metric one and has 5dpcm. Try as I might I can’t get the ppi anywhere near 20 ppi, it’s more like 16 although my negative spaces do look squarish! I’m not sure whether to continue as I am for the first sample and just weave the sections as near to square as I can, or cut it off and sley it again. I wondered whether there was a reed conversion guide anywhere which converts inches to metric as my brain is beginning to Swim!</span>August 11, 2018 at 3:42 pm #47376
I’ve got my first project all on the loom and the first one woven. It’s been a real comedy of errors, first I’m trying to learn WeaveIt Pro and with my narrow loom I was attempting a double weave cloth. Well I made big mistakes in entering the project information and what I hoped would been dish towel sized samples have turned into dish cloth size projects. My fault, all my fault, LOL. You would have thought I would have double checked the math, or maybe used some basic common sense, but no. Well this size will make great samples on which to try everything I want to try design and color wise. I’ll also have plenty of room to open up the settt without too much effort (she say’s optimistically). Anyway having fun! Pictures to follow when I have several finished.August 9, 2018 at 2:00 pm #47267
Ginette, Thank You! That sounds like a great idea and I’ll give it a try.August 9, 2018 at 1:11 pm #47264
Hi Carol, I’ve forgotten to lash a few times…When I neared the end of the warp and was able to get in there, I lashed it to prevent the rod from bending and continued on weaving.
GinetteAugust 8, 2018 at 3:21 pm #47238
Finally finished tieing on the warp to the back beam. All went fairly smoothly, a miracle as it’s only my second time trying back to front. Got everything wound on and ready to thread the heddles and found a broken thread. RATS! This is my first ever broken thread. I’m sure I handled it wrong as I tied the two ends together with an overhand knot, I don’t know the weaver’s knot and I’ll repair it when I get to that section. All ready to go and sit down and I remembered I forgot to lash together the apron rod and warp rod. Guess that means I’ll be having problems with tension down the line. DOUBLE RATS! Oh well, live and learn. Nothing like a mistake to keep you from repeating it in the future! Hope to get to threading heddles on Friday or early next week. I’m excited to get to weaving as I love this sample! I’ve seen so many gorgeous items posted here! Time for a break!August 2, 2018 at 3:42 pm #47015
Thanks Kathleen, I did just that. Not sure why it didn’t occur to me to do some math and figure out it would be that easy on my own. 🙂 I need to invest in another reed, soon.
This is the first time I’ve warped this loom (or any floor loom), and it went well. I’m through the sample and two towels , and think I have warp for 8 plus some room to open the sett and play. Not sure I’ll replace my zinger stripe as my Bergman loom is a bit of a non-standard construction with the warp beam positioned above the warp, meaning the warp goes over the back beam and comes off the bottom level with the breast beam. I have a few ideas of how to potentially get around that in the future but don’t know if I’ll be able to stop weaving long enough to create a solution before the end of this warp. 😉August 1, 2018 at 4:56 am #46953
oh, looks great. Given me an idea to use my RH loom as well to revisit this project.July 31, 2018 at 12:02 pm #46926
Love them, they look fantastic!July 31, 2018 at 11:04 am #46920
I have finished my asymmetrical sample #1. I was interested in trying 18, 16 and 12 epi. One piece at 12 epi looked good but I don’t have any bouccle so used misc. yarns I have. I changed the red to a blue stripe. I finished with 3 napkins at 16 epi. with a 4/4 stripe. I carried the 2 yarns on one side and it creates 2 different edges.
I also liked trying variations of Fibonacci stripes. It was really helpful to look back and make decisions.
I haven’t a photo for the 12 epi samples.
I feel awed by the creativity of people!! Everyone does such beautiful work within variations on a theme.July 29, 2018 at 4:42 pm #46855
Looks fantastic !
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.