Season 2, Episode 2 – More on Division of Space & the Asymmetry Sample

Jane Stafford Textiles Forums Weaving Discussion Season 2, Episode 2 – More on Division of Space & the Asymmetry Sample

Viewing 11 posts - 226 through 236 (of 236 total)
  • Author
    Maureen Janda
    Participant

I was watching Episode 2.2 and around about 35 minutes my brain exploded and I had to take a break to find the pieces.

Wowser!

Elizabeth
      Participant

Thank-you! I’ve only been weaving a few years, and this episode was exactly what I need to take the next step. I have a journal I’ve been saving for “something” special, and I can’t wait to start using it for my designs. Looking forward to this season and trying the samples.

Jean
        Participant

Fun, right?!

Sandra
          Keymaster

Looking great Ghislaine!  It’s amazing how light can change the colour in a photo 😏

Ghislaine
            Participant

I could not wait to start the Asymmetry sample and used my stash on my 24″ rigid heddle loom (last photo) with a 3 yards warp. I decided not to do a sample but go ahead with dishtowell.

I also set up an 8 yards warp on my Leclerc Inca 4 shaft loom as soon as I received the kit. I wove one 32 inches towell with 1/3 black, 1/3 dark grey and 1/3 light grey, really enjoy this experience. IMG_3968IMG_4021IMG_4022

Sandra
              Keymaster

Your first sample off the loom and looking good, Jacqueline!  You do have me wondering if you are using the mallet to tame the centimetres 😉

Sandra
                Keymaster

Wonderful Jean!  Thank you for posting your samples, so far!  It will be fun to watch everyone’s adventures with Asymmetry and beyond.

Jean
                  Participant

I’ve been posting to Facebook, Instagram and Ravelry, but completely forgot about this forum because I watch the episodes on my TV via my Fire TV.

I had the BEST day yesterday.  I treated it as if I was away at a workshop.  Still had to get meals made and let the dogs in/out, lol, but mostly everyone let me just weave.  It takes me a little less than an hour to weave a 32″ towel.  I seem to be stuck on 3rds because that’s all I’ve done so far.  At first I started following the samples Jane showed, but then creativity set in and I just started to wing it.  I got the 1st squares sample done and four towels.  The weaving is “easy breazy” and so much fun.  I haven’t taken anything off the loom yet and wet finished, but I think I am sold on the 18 epi.  I had a couple of issues with the first towel.  Both of the end selvedge threads broke.  I had my tension too tight (which I often do) and after I loosened up, no troubles at all.

Here is some of yesterday’s progress.IMG_20180208_121650_346

IMG_20180208_152123_615

20180209_061934

Terry Lynn Carefoot
                    Participant

This is amazing.  Need the work day to be done so I can go home and play.

Terry Lynn Carefoot

Jacqueline
                      Participant

First sample, sett too close, 8 ends per cm. Now changed it to 7 cm which comes very close to 18 epi. But had to sley 2-2-3 through  the reed, which is very visible, but anyhow, it’s a two, so fibonachi will be happy. Next one with 6 ends per cm = 15,24 epi. Just so happy trying and weaving again! JacquelineProef1_1s

Proef1_2s

Ginette
                        Keymaster

Triumphs, questions, comments and excitement with new discoveries – let us know!  Also, a place for sharing our woven Asymmetry samples 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 226 through 236 (of 236 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.