Season 2, Episode 2 – More on Division of Space & the Asymmetry Sample

Weaving Supplies, Yarn & Looms Canada Forums Weaving Discussion Season 2, Episode 2 – More on Division of Space & the Asymmetry Sample

This topic contains 231 replies, has 74 voices, and was last updated by  Sandra 2 weeks, 4 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 232 total)
  • Author

Jean
    Participant
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 30
    • Totals: 32
    • Weaving wonder

It is fun, right?  Like we have permission to just play.

Martha
    Participant
    • Replies: 29
    • Totals: 31
    • Weaving wonder

Great! Wonderful!  So many ideas.  I’m glad I’m putting on the 8yards.  I’ve never thought about division of space, nor the use of Fibonacci in the way you’re showing us.  Thanks!

Jean
    Participant
    • Weaving wonder

So I finished the squared sample and sixth towel on an 8 yard warp last night. They’re in the washer now. Enough left for a scarf or table runner.  About to re-sley at 12epi and realized I’m going to have to move my shaft cords.  Math… not my strong suit. Lol.  I think I’ll go shop the stash for weft first. That’s more fun.20180212_092207

saddleblankets
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 3
    • Totals: 3
    • Weaving weeble

Oh my gosh, this is so much fun I can’t quit smiling! For 25 years I’ve been weaving saddle blankets on a monster Cranbrook 12 harness,  60 inch loom. I use hand spun wool, threaded at  6 epi and  beat HARD at 18-20 ppi.  Imagine the challenges I’ve had going to a smaller loom using 8/2 cotton 18 epi, 18 ppi! I really had to practice a soft beat and I was making terrible selvedges because I am used to making a large bubble, or angle, at my fell line. Today it all came together and I am loving this. THANK YOU, JANE! I’ll post pictures when I get further along.

egaverette
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 2
    • Totals: 3
    • Weaving weeble

So excited – have to get this off the loom so I can get started!!!

Ghislaine
    Participant
    • Replies: 8
    • Totals: 8
    • Weaving wizard

Yes, Korina

I used this big Leclerc floor mill for the first time (borrowed from my sister) after watching a few times Jane’s Online Guild Episode 1.5 Warping on a Floor Mill.

Everything work out well and I am happy with the result.

It was easier than I thought.

Ghislaine
    Participant
    • Replies: 8
    • Totals: 8
    • Weaving wizard

Thank you Sandra

Korina
    Participant
    • Replies: 15
    • Totals: 16
    • Weaving wonder

Is that the big Leclerc warping mill?  That is what i have and I love it!

Korina
    Participant
    • Weaving wonder

Your eyes will just sweep by the double sleyed reed in the one spot.  You don’t really see it.  Really.  Having lots of fun, few issues warping as I’ve only warped the Standard once or twice?  Always a good idea to make sure the warp is centered EVERYWHERE.  Have a few tension issues due to this, but once I finish this towel I am cutting off and resleying at 12 epi as I found a bunch of knubbly wool/silk blends that look like fun 🙂

Korina
    Participant
    • Weaving wonder

20180209_235957

Beth Napper
    Participant
    • Topics: 5
    • Replies: 32
    • Totals: 37
    • Weaving wonder

In these last few days since receiving this month’s video I have watched each episode at least two times and some three. Today I ran to my warping mill after seeing a towel I REALLY liked and started winding up a storm. It is hard to contain myself with all the possibilities of designs shown. Wowee!

Maureen Janda
    Participant
    • Topics: 16
    • Replies: 69
    • Totals: 85
    • Weaving wonder

I was watching Episode 2.2 and around about 35 minutes my brain exploded and I had to take a break to find the pieces.

Wowser!

Elizabeth
    Participant
    • Replies: 6
    • Totals: 6
    • Weaving wizard

Thank-you! I’ve only been weaving a few years, and this episode was exactly what I need to take the next step. I have a journal I’ve been saving for “something” special, and I can’t wait to start using it for my designs. Looking forward to this season and trying the samples.

Jean
    Participant
    • Weaving wonder

Fun, right?!

Sandra
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 27
    • Replies: 438
    • Totals: 465
    • Weaving wonder

Looking great Ghislaine!  It’s amazing how light can change the colour in a photo 😏

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 232 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.