Season 2, Episode 2 – More on Division of Space & the Asymmetry Sample

Weaving Supplies, Yarn & Looms Canada Forums Weaving Discussion Season 2, Episode 2 – More on Division of Space & the Asymmetry Sample

This topic contains 215 replies, has 70 voices, and was last updated by  Beth Napper 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 211 through 216 (of 216 total)
  • Author

Sandra
    Keymaster

Your first sample off the loom and looking good, Jacqueline!  You do have me wondering if you are using the mallet to tame the centimetres 😉

Sandra
    Keymaster

Wonderful Jean!  Thank you for posting your samples, so far!  It will be fun to watch everyone’s adventures with Asymmetry and beyond.

Jean
    Participant

I’ve been posting to Facebook, Instagram and Ravelry, but completely forgot about this forum because I watch the episodes on my TV via my Fire TV.

I had the BEST day yesterday.  I treated it as if I was away at a workshop.  Still had to get meals made and let the dogs in/out, lol, but mostly everyone let me just weave.  It takes me a little less than an hour to weave a 32″ towel.  I seem to be stuck on 3rds because that’s all I’ve done so far.  At first I started following the samples Jane showed, but then creativity set in and I just started to wing it.  I got the 1st squares sample done and four towels.  The weaving is “easy breazy” and so much fun.  I haven’t taken anything off the loom yet and wet finished, but I think I am sold on the 18 epi.  I had a couple of issues with the first towel.  Both of the end selvedge threads broke.  I had my tension too tight (which I often do) and after I loosened up, no troubles at all.

Here is some of yesterday’s progress.IMG_20180208_121650_346

IMG_20180208_152123_615

20180209_061934

Terry Lynn Carefoot
    Participant

This is amazing.  Need the work day to be done so I can go home and play.

Terry Lynn Carefoot

Jacqueline
    Participant

First sample, sett too close, 8 ends per cm. Now changed it to 7 cm which comes very close to 18 epi. But had to sley 2-2-3 through  the reed, which is very visible, but anyhow, it’s a two, so fibonachi will be happy. Next one with 6 ends per cm = 15,24 epi. Just so happy trying and weaving again! JacquelineProef1_1s

Proef1_2s

Ginette
    Keymaster

Triumphs, questions, comments and excitement with new discoveries – let us know!  Also, a place for sharing our woven Asymmetry samples 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 211 through 216 (of 216 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.