Season 2, Episode 2 – More on Division of Space & the Asymmetry Sample

Weaving Supplies, Yarn & Looms Canada Forums Weaving Discussion Season 2, Episode 2 – More on Division of Space & the Asymmetry Sample

This topic contains 225 replies, has 71 voices, and was last updated by  Cindy Solomon 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 226 total)
  • Author

Annette Beasley
    Participant

Jean, love your poncho, thanks for posting it, swapping the red for blue had been on my mind..now I know it works..and I love the wool with cotton idea!

05hickory
    Participant

I was curious as to what kind, weight of wool you used?

Jean
    Participant

Thanks everyone!  Pretty sure I’m going to make it a poncho.  It’s so light and airy.

Ginette
    Keymaster

Beautiful throw Jean!  Lots of drape 🙂

Betty.allen
    Participant

Jean I love your throw.  Beautiful.

Sandra
    Keymaster

What a wonderful result from “playing”,  Jean.   It looks beautiful and cozy!  Thanks for sharing.

Jean
    Participant

I’m SO EXCITED!!!  The wool worked BEAUTIFULLY with the cotton warp!  I now have a small throw.  I just wet finished it on delicate in the washer and then put it in the dryer for about ten minutes (checked it every few) and it’s beautiful.  I tried to take the best pics so you could see the drape on this thing.  I’m seriously considering turning it into a poncho.  I love, love, love it!!!  The mixture of cotton and wool will make it perfect for here in Central Texas.  Thank you, Jane, for opening up this new concept to me.  And, for the record, I’m sold on the 18epi for 8/2 cotton now!

Screenshot 2018-02-14 17.46.23

Ginette
    Keymaster

Hi Jean,

it looks great!  Love your blue zinger!  As for making the picture smaller, you’ll have to try and play with your camera settings or your software.  I kind of like the close up shot 😉

Jean
    Participant

Re-sleyed yesterday afternoon.  After a comedy of errors, I finally got to start weaving.  I was going to use a blue rayon boucle, but I wasn’t diggin’ it, so I changed to some charcoal grey wool from my stash.  I can’t wait to see what this fabric does when I get it off the loom and wash it!  (Is there a way to make the pictures not so huge?)

27867892_10156898376228840_462618667526477564_n

Jean
    Participant

It is fun, right?  Like we have permission to just play.

Martha
    Participant

Great! Wonderful!  So many ideas.  I’m glad I’m putting on the 8yards.  I’ve never thought about division of space, nor the use of Fibonacci in the way you’re showing us.  Thanks!

Jean
    Participant

So I finished the squared sample and sixth towel on an 8 yard warp last night. They’re in the washer now. Enough left for a scarf or table runner.  About to re-sley at 12epi and realized I’m going to have to move my shaft cords.  Math… not my strong suit. Lol.  I think I’ll go shop the stash for weft first. That’s more fun.20180212_092207

saddleblankets
    Participant

Oh my gosh, this is so much fun I can’t quit smiling! For 25 years I’ve been weaving saddle blankets on a monster Cranbrook 12 harness,  60 inch loom. I use hand spun wool, threaded at  6 epi and  beat HARD at 18-20 ppi.  Imagine the challenges I’ve had going to a smaller loom using 8/2 cotton 18 epi, 18 ppi! I really had to practice a soft beat and I was making terrible selvedges because I am used to making a large bubble, or angle, at my fell line. Today it all came together and I am loving this. THANK YOU, JANE! I’ll post pictures when I get further along.

egaverette
    Participant

So excited – have to get this off the loom so I can get started!!!

Ghislaine
    Participant

Yes, Korina

I used this big Leclerc floor mill for the first time (borrowed from my sister) after watching a few times Jane’s Online Guild Episode 1.5 Warping on a Floor Mill.

Everything work out well and I am happy with the result.

It was easier than I thought.

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 226 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.